Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Al's new VY SS *my last car for 5 years+ i swear!*

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
*Buys car, states it will be the last car for 5 year*
*Sells car 5 months later, citing finances as the reason*
*Plans to buy more expensive car with more expensive running and maintenance*

But seriously, if you can get you dad's clubby that would be awesome, I've had a look at the sale thread and it looks absolutely amazing.

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Haha yeah bit of a roller coaster, today I managed to get the cash from the ppl that owed me money so I paid off what I could from that money and the rest of it owing will be payed for with my next pay check

There was a stuff up with one of the bills so it wasn't all as dramatic as I first thought lol

Fitted a new serpentine belt today and there will be some paintwork getting done soon by my spray painter to neaten the car up a bit more

So crisis averted guys! Will still see if I can sell this so I can buy the clubby, but if not and he gets more money for his car than im willing to offer ill just keep mine :D

Win/win

Sent using Android ForumReader app

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
As for maintenance the only thing thats been more expensive than the ss's parts have been the brakes which have been replaced literally only a month ago with new pads :)

Sent using Android ForumReader app

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
got into it over the weekend and fitted a new gates serpentine belt and gave the bay a good clean and tossed the turtle shell aside into the corner of the shed

2vwh641.jpg

Next mod i think (when i get some spare cash) will definitely be a set of split engine covers

And some more pics from the royal national park drive taken by my girlfriend :D

wkpkp3.jpg

63vnfb.jpg

egzn8o.jpg

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
$50 + postage and you can have it haha

was actually just about to post it in the for sale section lol
Its not the original silver and black combo though, i sprayed it all black because the silver was flaking badly

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
another update!

I had a few scuff marks on the front bar, chips out of the side skirts, screw holes from where the mudflaps had been badly fitted by holden and the hard to avoid wear underneath the skirt of the front bar, so i dropped the car off last week to get repainted and fixed properly
Got the car back today from my spray painter and the work turned out nothing short of fantastic, the quality and finish is 100%, could not ask for better, im very pleased!

Dad was throwing away a next to brand new HSV boot luggage net, so i grabbed that quick smart and fitted it this afternoon
Some people think they are a pain, but for going away (which ive been doing a lot of lately) it comes in handy and stops the bags and camera gear from rolling around

Hopefully soon ill have a hsv boot protector mat, underside boot carpet and a set of split engine covers going on the car

Looking around for some holden optional extras, does anyone know what the VY optional extras were for the SS/Clubsport/senator?

Set on keeping the car now as i feel like ive fallen in love with it all over again since the paint has been fixed

Going to take some pics tomorrow when its daylight again