Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alternative Fuel Pressure Regulator

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i brought one from repco (so i thought) it was the bosch p/n 0280 160 552 ...$256..... i know this correct part from here on jc and there web sight said it fitted so click and collect pay with afterpay the store is nearly 40 ks away near port stephens

at the counter i checked the p/n on the box it match pull it out the box when i got in the car it was different to what i seen online it had a thread for the fuel line
and a screw hole either side but rest was the same green oring the barb fitting for the vacumn hose i thought maby there change the design

should be easy to get screw on fittings for the hose or even a barb so when get home i give a good examination and notice the p/n on it and it ended with 543 i did online search this fits a ford ef falcon i rang them up and explain what i found and returned it with full refund and they did apologize

i didn t mind it is good drive and to get a very rare part is worth the effort so the search continues

Havabigjuan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman s2 & VY Acclaim Wagon
turns out my issue was pump, and a dud coil pack exacerbating the situation.

now that I know about the pressure reg I will slowly accumulate a VT onwards reg/rail/injectors

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
u can use any regulator as long as u can set it to the correct base pressure and i think needs to be 1:1 manifold referenced also, then as long as u can mount it in the system will be fine

Havabigjuan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman s2 & VY Acclaim Wagon
honestly, just seems easier to me to grab a setup from VT onwards....I could be wrong though

I am only back working on ecotec's after many years.....son has VS Statesman which I will take over as he requires a ute for work now