Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alternative Fuel Pressure Regulator

MRoberts

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs series 2 ute
VS Ecotec V6 Commodore need to put new fuel pressure regulator on. The correct part is
FPR-161 (fuelmiser) this part is out of stock everywhere . I found one on some dingy site but they want $258.00 that's without postage - everyone else is charging $150.00 but out of stock. maybe they dont make the part anymore? I'm not getting ripped off bugger that !
Does anyone know of another brand or alternative that will fit the ecotech v6 that has a more realistic price . do Bosch make something etc..
cheers

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
go and see if you can find one at the wreckers otherwise pay the money. the joys of old cars its only going to get worse as time goes by

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
the joys of old cars its only going to get worse as time goes by

Couldn't agree more..................UPI in SA have just sourced a few more VS's to their Gillman stockpile, but these will only hang around for 3 months until they meet their fate with the Excavator in the tear down shed at Elizabeth. It's all VT's and VX's at the moment as VS is rapidly going into decline on the roads. Sadly every model will go through this phase and that's when prices for certain parts go through the roof.

In saying the above you should be able to get that regulator Secondhand off of a newer VY model and avoid paying stupid prices at the new parts counter.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The VS reg is VS specific, unfortunately later model ones won't fit. Like said you have two options pay the stupid price, if it is even the right one or go SH. They have been unavailable new for a few years now.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Or there might be a third option to change to a later fuel rail ?

I have a VT ecotec engine here. Will have a quick look later.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Or there might be a third option to change to a later fuel rail ?

I have a VT ecotec engine here. Will have a quick look later.
Yeah there was a thread with a bloke looking at that option when he couldn't get a reg. The thread would be two years old so time consuming for me to go searching.

two-bit

old enough to mang better
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S series II
the vs regulator has a little tab and screw that holds it in place, the vt/vx/vy is a push in style.
i am not sure if there is a pressure difference or flow difference between models

you could in theory swap the fuel rails over and just change the rubber fuel hose the goes from the fuel rail on the motor to the steel fuel lines on the car. the vt/vx/vy lines are different lengths possibly different diameter, but some fuel hose and efi clamps should solve that problem

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
The VS reg is VS specific

Oh ok, didn't know that, but I guess there were quite a few running changes that were made along the Ecotec's lifespan. Manifolds were another one of those changes, so thanks Losh for bringing that one to my attention. I've never had to change one of those.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I figured you probably haven't had to swap one VSL. Might be worth a sneaky trip to UPI and grab a couple to stash away, good backyard wrecker should have a couple in stock..... :rolleyes:I tried searching for the two year old thread from another member and what he ended up doing but I need more specific search criteria to nail it down to 6 or 7 results not 100.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
good backyard wrecker should have a couple in stock.....

Absolutely Losh !! all good parts stockists must do that. I'll get to that right away.;)

Must get another 8 bent cars to stick into my front yard as ornaments as I seem to have a lot of room there at the moment after the last 10 being removed by council.