Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alternative Fuel Pressure Regulator

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
VS Ecotec V6 Commodore need to put new fuel pressure regulator on. The correct part is
FPR-161 (fuelmiser) this part is out of stock everywhere . I found one on some dingy site but they want $258.00 that's without postage - everyone else is charging $150.00 but out of stock. maybe they dont make the part anymore? I'm not getting ripped off bugger that !
Does anyone know of another brand or alternative that will fit the ecotech v6 that has a more realistic price . do Bosch make something etc..
cheers
What year?
Here is one for 95-97
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...or-vs-1995-1&usg=AOvVaw05XKoEVnl1HGjgsBswETUH

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hmmmm interesting for well over two years these have not been available. I wonder if Bosch had a manufacturing run.

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Hmm interesting. The VS Ecomoo regulators came in a yellow box (I bought one a few years ago). The VR regulators are in blue boxes like that.
But the part number ending in 552 in the photo is the correct regulator. Double check with them before sending them money.

MRoberts

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs series 2 ute

Thanks Trevor my car is a 98 but its a VS so its neither here nor there I always thought it was 98 its a series 2 , it probably says 97 on the compliance plate, anyway I think you may have found me the part ! it looks pretty much the same as the one that is on the car now excellent
thank you mate
have a good one .

MRoberts

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs series 2 ute
Thanks Trevor my car is a 98 but its a VS so its neither here nor there I always thought it was 98 its a series 2 , it probably says 97 on the compliance plate, anyway I think you may have found me the part ! it looks pretty much the same as the one that is on the car now excellent
thank you mate
have a good one .
This is sold out as well hahhaha I didn't see that but anyway you found an alternative to the fuelmiser cheers . should be able to source the bosch somewhere...

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
This is sold out as well hahhaha I didn't see that but anyway you found an alternative to the fuelmiser cheers . should be able to source the bosch somewhere...
sorry didn't see the small written, what part number is on yours as there is 2 kinds.

sk2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore 'S' pack.
I found this thread from 6 months ago when doing a search.

My fuel pressure regulator has gone. Confirmed by mechanic mate. Just wondering what others have done as you cannot seem to get them new anywhere?

I don't see the point of sourcing a 2nd had one due to it being on the way out.

I have read to get hold of a VT-VY fuel rail which you can then use the VT-VY fuel press reg. Has anyone done this?
If so I will have to find a VT rail which will be just as hard to get on its own.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
I found this thread from 6 months ago when doing a search.

My fuel pressure regulator has gone. Confirmed by mechanic mate. Just wondering what others have done as you cannot seem to get them new anywhere?

I don't see the point of sourcing a 2nd had one due to it being on the way out.

I have read to get hold of a VT-VY fuel rail which you can then use the VT-VY fuel press reg. Has anyone done this?
If so I will have to find a VT rail which will be just as hard to get on its own.
here is a fuelmiser fpr 161 fits vs from 4/95 to 98 there a list scroll the to the bottom page https://www.autolinkparts.com.au/fuel-pressure-regulator-suit-holden-commodore-cala~45510
supercheap have them but over 400 bucks

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute