Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

alternative to tune Stealth Throttle Controller

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
So I fitted a Stealth Throttle Controller to my car last week, even on a cammed and tuned SV6 with a heaps of Mace Engineering parts it makes such an amazing difference.
Can`t thank the guys at Revhigh enough, particulary Tony and Joseph who were happy to answer all my questions!

Highly recommended, made more of a difference than my tune did. I've seen heaps of guys on Club Ve with these, anyone on here have one?

http://www.revhigh.com.au/#!stealth-throttle-controller/c1l63

Last edited:

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Did you plastidip it? Haha had to :p

First and foremost. Its not an alternative to tuning. Noone should ever think that.

Its a bypass of an inhibitor in the throttle control. Ive driven a few with it. Yeah theres a slight difference. Worth the 200-300 bucks for sure.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
I have the Vitesse one. Im really happy with mine

S.D.M.F

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport R8
It just sends more throttle input to the ECM, it doesn't / cant increase throttle response time.

backjansz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I ended up buying the stealth controller from revhigh. Pretty nice guys to deal with. Sent it out the next day. I must say I was very skeptic at first but after trying it I can't believe the difference it's made to my my Berlina V6. Deffs should be a top of the list mod for everyone. @kuzman89's what setting do you leave it on for daily driving?

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I ended up buying the stealth controller from revhigh. Pretty nice guys to deal with. Sent it out the next day. I must say I was very skeptic at first but after trying it I can't believe the difference it's made to my my Berlina V6. Deffs should be a top of the list mod for everyone. @kuzman89's what setting do you leave it on for daily driving?

I have it on SPORT 3 all day, even on this setting it seems to save fuel, on the fwy its on economy mode 2.

Only reason I said it was an alternative to a tune was because it makes a massive difference, more so than my tunes have in the past. Car picks up a lot faster.
They have an explanation on their ebay page
Holden Commodore Performance Revhigh Stealth Throttle Controller VE V6 V8 HSV | eBay

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Did you plastidip it? Haha had to :p

First and foremost. Its not an alternative to tuning. Noone should ever think that.

Its a bypass of an inhibitor in the throttle control. Ive driven a few with it. Yeah theres a slight difference. Worth the 200-300 bucks for sure.

We're they auto/manual v6/v8 tuned/not tuned?

Completely agree, this is not an alternative to tuning.

I've read some interesting reviews but am still very sceptical as my throttle response in manual mode is instant, it's actually incredibly harsh and tyre frying in gears 1 and 2. I'm not convinced this would work, but for $300 with their 'satisfaction guarantee' I suppose you can't go wrong.

backjansz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
My mate has a manual and has the same controller. He said it made a big difference in throttle response. He also uses the eco setting for city driving, etc. His is a v6 I might add. Imo though people buy intakes that are twice or 3 times the price and doesn't give as close as an enjoyment the controller does.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
We're they auto/manual v6/v8 tuned/not tuned?

Completely agree, this is not an alternative to tuning.

I've read some interesting reviews but am still very sceptical as my throttle response in manual mode is instant, it's actually incredibly harsh and tyre frying in gears 1 and 2. I'm not convinced this would work, but for $300 with their 'satisfaction guarantee' I suppose you can't go wrong.

Personally Ive only driven them in V8s.

1 LS3 with a Cam and two 6Ls that werent tuned.

The LS3 with the cam, look it was pretty brutal. But I didnt have a benchmark.

The 6L. They were completely stock. Yes it was a lot better on the throttle than my stock 6L was. Did it feel better than my tuned 6L, didnt feel as powerful by a long stretch. But these reduce your 1/4 by 3 tenths of a second. Theyre not OMFG I JUST GAINED 30RWKW. But for 300 bucks. #### yeah.

Id suggest going for a spin in a manual. The clubby I tested it in was a manual, but as I said, I havent driven a cammed LS3 before so I dont know the benchmark there.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
This is interesting. This should give better 0-60 times.
Do they have a online shop or are they only on Ebay? as I cant find nothing on the net about Rev-High.