Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

alternative to tune Stealth Throttle Controller

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I hope you're joking about reducing your quarter by 3 tenths... Their is absolutely no way, no how the minutely measureable increase in TR would do that. Not possible.

Thats the claim on some of the US forums and what some resellers have been saying (without directly saying it). I mean, if you spoke ill of it on the Camaro forums youd probably be burned at the stake.

Definitely in terms of tricking yourself into thinking your car is going faster, $300 for a plug and play accelerator pedal digipot bypass circuit is better value than getting ripped for a crappy tune and the obligatory bogan bargain fashion set - mags and lowering springs.
Coupled with a reasonably loud exhaust its good for thinking your car is at least 7/10ths faster over the 1/4 mile, just read Club VE's wall.

Theres your first mistake haha. ####en spastics.

Silly switch just makes you feel like you are going faster, hard to measure that, but I'm sure mag wheels, lowering or loud exhaust also makes you think you are going faster too.

This. It makes it feel a more touchy. To me, sure, there was certainly a feeling of improvement. But there was no extra power. When there is a tune, there is actually extra power.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
If it shapes the throttle pedal signal differently (not only amplifies it) then I understand it can produce a better result than just flooring it (you can see some curves on the eBay page) and definitely make the car more responsive. I'd like to try it but $300 is a bit dissuasive while the original US one was less than 150...

Yeah think the Vitesse ones are about 150 on their page, so lets say 185 AUD plus shipping. Yeah, its a rip. ~250 here and youre in the ball park.

backjansz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I tried getting it from vitesse but it ended up being the same price (I think it ended up being close to $300). Rather buy it from a local place.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Yeah think the Vitesse ones are about 150 on their page, so lets say 185 AUD plus shipping. Yeah, its a rip. ~250 here and youre in the ball park.

From what I heard they have to be re-programed for the ve's , But dunno

backjansz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Actually I don't think you can even buy them from vitesse without doing a group buy. IMO I think the stealth one looks much better and cheaper at the end of the day.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Supposedly the cheaper units can melt, I was reading last night on facebook. btw if you contact them direct the price is $260 delivered on FB

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
That's for a toyota and that's made in china.

Well, you could just replace the throttle connector I guess. The OBD2 connection is just there to provide power or is it actually sending data over it?

There's also this one:
Chip Tuning S Drive Throttle Controller Sprint Booster Blitz Style | eBay

Chinese or Taiwanese?

You would need the connector number 19 I guess.
The fact that you can order an double OBD connector and still use you OBD reader + DashCommand is a big plus.

Supposedly the cheaper units can melt, I was reading last night on facebook

That's probably more concerning than having to change a connector :-D