Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

alternative to tune Stealth Throttle Controller

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Kuzman89, did you try the mod to the throttle? I'd be interested in what your result was.

Hey man, yeah I did, took me ages and ended up with all sorts of problems. It feels the same as the first sport mode on the controller, if I go anymore it simply over revs on idle.

NZ-GTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 SSV Blown 373KW ATW
Cheers mate, I was lucky and got mine right first go. Might do a full post on how to do the mod later in the week. My partner took the ss for a hot lap the other day and was impressed with pepiness of it. IMHO it drives more like an old school v8 now

bigroy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 SSV VE UTE
Christov with those mods on your VF that thing must be an animal 1 question why 2.5 cat back surely that is restricting your blower?

bigroy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 SSV VE UTE
Im thinking about ordering the stealth model off ebay, i already have headers full 3 inch and otr + tune on my ve ute for 277rwkw anyone else with similar mods done this? As its a daily this seems like a good cheap mod to do been told itll be too thirsty with a cam upgrade

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
interesting, am tempted to try one of these on my SV6

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Christov with those mods on your VF that thing must be an animal 1 question why 2.5 cat back surely that is restricting your blower?

Potentially yes, when it was fitted and tuned I asked if I needed to change to 1 & 7/8" headers with a 3" catback and was told no. Still running the stock cam so maybe no need. The car did make about 15rwkw less than another SS being done the same week with the 3" Harrop exhaust and bigger headers but once your cracking 400rwkw an extra 15kw is not gonna be felt.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
After reading everyones responses and this thread (Vitessee Throttle Controller Review) (I know its not the exact same, but cant be much different or even better)

Im sold to give it ago :)

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
The Stealth units have an anti theft feature as well, and they are about 35% more responsive, the Vitesse units have had limp mode issues as well.
Revhigh