Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

alternative to tune Stealth Throttle Controller

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod

backjansz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I think the points been missed regardless of the times. The throttle controller is aimed at giving the driver better driveability and better response from the throttle. I think there's dyno figures on the revhigh page. For less than $270 though I don't see why you would even argue. Cheap mod for big enjoyments.

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
The OBD2 connection is just there to provide power or is it actually sending data over it?

Asked RevHigh about the OBD port and it's only used to provide "plug and play" power to the module.

NZ-GTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 SSV Blown 373KW ATW
Last edited:

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
might give that a go and see if it has the same benefit. biggest problem with doing that in the long term that I see if that u cant easily change it back. The unit I bought has a normal mode, sports mode and eco mode with heaps of settings in between. I wouldn`t want to be driving around all the time on sports mode because of fuel and tear and wear.

ill give it a go today anyway

NZ-GTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 SSV Blown 373KW ATW
Just don't pull it all the way forward, leave about 2 mm between the edge of the screw heads and the plastic guides. There is a sweet spot where it idles nice, removes the dead spot and gives instant acceleration. Too far forward and it over revs whilst idling.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I think the points been missed regardless of the times. The throttle controller is aimed at giving the driver better driveability and better response from the throttle. I think there's dyno figures on the revhigh page. For less than $270 though I don't see why you would even argue. Cheap mod for big enjoyments.

This is what is quoted on the eBay page.

(On a closed drag strip or race track, a side by side comparison using the same vehicle, same driver, but one with a Stealth controller and one without a Stealth controller will result in a quicker time for the vehicle fitted with Stealth controller)

So that's why I was asking for 0-60 times from one of the JC members that actually have this installed.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
This is what is quoted on the eBay page.

(On a closed drag strip or race track, a side by side comparison using the same vehicle, same driver, but one with a Stealth controller and one without a Stealth controller will result in a quicker time for the vehicle fitted with Stealth controller)

So that's why I was asking for 0-60 times from one of the JC members that actually have this installed.

The fact that your TB will open up 1/1000th of a second faster will result in a faster time, by a 1000th of a second.

If someone sends me their throttle controller I will record both quarter miles and 0-100s in Dash Command for a definitive result, I'm not wasting $270 on it though.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
The fact that your TB will open up 1/1000th of a second faster will result in a faster time, by a 1000th of a second.

If someone sends me their throttle controller I will record both quarter miles and 0-100s in Dash Command for a definitive result, I'm not wasting $270 on it though.

Same here I don't want to waste my money on this. I am interested though in how much difference in time it does make compared to factory setting.
From one of the members that have this installed already.

NZ-GTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 SSV Blown 373KW ATW
Kuzman89, did you try the mod to the throttle? I'd be interested in what your result was.