Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alternatives to an iPod?? Suggestions please!!

Best alternative to iPod

• iRiver

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Creative Zen

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Microsoft Zune

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Sony walkman

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

esprit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
Can recommend the Sony MP3 players, great sound quality

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina 5.7L / VW Golf GTi
Sounds hard to believe, did you throw it around or something? I've never had an issue with mine and it sounds hard to believe that people do have issues with them unless it's due to lack of care.

Believe it. Like I said in my post, SOFTWARE issues, not physical issues. I treat my stuff with respect.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I too have been screwed around with apple (ipods breaking and refusal of warranty honouring), so i tried sony. Not as easy to navigate - like everyone else has mentioned - but the sound quality is pretty damn good. I refuse to give my money to those bastards again.

Speaking of warranty, my housemate washed mine about 3 days after i got it. Took it back to jb, and they just swapped it over and sent the washed one back. Lucky they didn't make it go back for warranty, cause the watermark would show lol

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Has anyone mentioned the Zune yet. If you have Windows and you're not using the Zune... you're missing out.

...Personally i'd stick to the iPod though.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Has anyone mentioned the Zune yet. If you have Windows and you're not using the Zune... you're missing out.

...Personally i'd stick to the iPod though.

Only in USA, get one shipped over i guess? then how do you get warranty? Do they still make the poo color ? lol

NanoBear

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive wagon (soon)
Personally, I'm a fan of creative zen. However, for the best sound quality, nothing beets flac format played on a Cowon. They're well known for their superior sound quality.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
so explain how the audio from the ipod dock connector is better quality than the 3.5mm.

The dock connector is low level audio straight from the DAC. The 3.5mm plug has been amplified with a tiny poor quality amplifier compared to an external amplifier.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
The dock connector is low level audio straight from the DAC. The 3.5mm plug has been amplified with a tiny poor quality amplifier compared to an external amplifier.

Yes, and that is the reason i would put an Ipod in front of any other form of MP3 player, if i "had" to choose from either one. In response to Stealthy's comment, his reasons were based purely on the skeptical build quality of one brand VS another. What's to say that had his previous players, been from other manafactuers, that wouldn't have been subjected to the same problems?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Yes, and that is the reason i would put an Ipod in front of any other form of MP3 player, if i "had" to choose from either one. In response to Stealthy's comment, his reasons were based purely on the skeptical build quality of one brand VS another. What's to say that had his previous players, been from other manafactuers, that wouldn't have been subjected to the same problems?

Well he's actually owned them and had the problems with THIS brand, and they broke. No what ifs or maybes here, just facts :)