Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alternator and Injector Clips

vpvmpr

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VP Commodore
So on my VP commodore V6 I have a problem with my battery not charging all the time, I tested it and my battery gets 14.4V when charging so I think the alternator is alright, but I noticed that it is missing the clip that secures the plug onto the alternator, so my theory is that when driving the alternator sometimes isnt fully plugged in. I am also missing a few of the clips for the injector plugs.

They are the like U shaped metal clips, does any one know where i can buy some?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Get hold of the Alternator Loom/Plug from a Wrecker and splice it on the existing loom,
Again, Injector clips from a Wrecker.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Check out the OnlineAutoParts store on eBay. Lots of (new) clips there that will meet your injector/alternator needs without having to bother going to a wrecker.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Also, when removing injector plugs most people remove the clips (and loose them). If you have injector plugs that look like this,
iu

Just push the steel clip down, pull the plug off the injector and release the clip. There is no need to remove the clip from the plug.