Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alternator or electrical

Mel8517

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 holden acclaim
While driving if i break suddenly the car shutters than the battery light comes on the alternator light comes on than the car dies, it also looses power slowly while driving. If i fully charge the battery and dont break suddenly the battery lasts for quite a while but as soon as the car shutters all power is lost. Also when i put the car in reverse sometimes the sensor alarm will beep normally other times not at all and other times its just 1 continuous long beeeeeep.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Like how suddenly and how often are you doing these sudden stops to notice? The shuddering is the ABS system pulsing the brakes. ABS isn't supposed to be used like that on the regular.

Got a multimeter? Check the battery voltage when it's on, should tell you pretty quickly.

Mel8517

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 holden acclaim
Like how suddenly and how often are you doing these sudden stops to notice? The shuddering is the ABS system pulsing the brakes. ABS isn't supposed to be used like that on the regular.

Got a multimeter? Check the battery voltage when it's on, should tell you pretty quickly.
Sometimes it breaks ok im getting the breaks and rotors changed today so hopefully helps with that part of it. No i dont have a multimeter unfortunately.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Remove the battery leads and clean the clamps and posts with emery cloth/sand paper/battery cleaner tool until you have bright lead (silver) on the posts and bright brass on the inside of the clamps, also remove and clean the earth leads where they are attached to the body from the battery, then
Buy a good battery charger and fully charge the battery overnight.

Edit... and make sure the battery is secure and not moving around.

I had a situation this week where I left the door open for a long time and the interior light started flashing, then within 10 k's driving it threw an oil pressure switch code, so I charged the battery overnight and no more oil pressure switch code.

Last edited: