Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alternator/Regulator

thisispete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series 2
Hi Guys,

Just a quick one.

My VXII looks like it has a dead alternator/regulator. Battery goes flat, and in diag mode on the trip computer it shows about 11.8v while the car is running.

I have found a cheap alternator on ebay for $40 off a VS. This should just fit straight on.

Anyone know how much a regulator for a VX alternator is? I've also seen that the brushes are built into the regulator so if its just the brushes in my alternator I should just be able to put a new one in.

Cheers. Pete.

sxc_sound

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VT V6 stroker
yeah you should be able to just buy new brushes for like $5 BUT that said, if the alternator your going to use is from a vs, id be buying a new regulator anyway, i bought a new one for my vl for $25. Also i think the vs alternator isnt as powerful as the vt alternator, from memory the vt is 100 and the vs is 80 - 85.

thisispete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series 2
yeah you should be able to just buy new brushes for like $5 BUT that said, if the alternator your going to use is from a vs, id be buying a new regulator anyway, i bought a new one for my vl for $25. Also i think the vs alternator isnt as powerful as the vt alternator, from memory the vt is 100 and the vs is 80 - 85.
I went looking for prices for regulators for a VX alternator and cant find anyone that sells them. Supercheap dont carry them and Repco can order them but are around $80 from there.