Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

altezza headlights

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've been doing some searching and have decided to go with black altezza headlights because the look damn awesome, also the have a projector lense for the low beam which i hear is better for HID's. But my standard head light uses H4 for the low beams and people say that the altezza headlights use H1 for both high and low beams. I think it would be too bright if the altezza used H1 for the low beams. It will blind other drivers wont it? and if not, why? Is there something special about the projector lense?

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
lol, looks very similar to the PM you sent me lol

Yeh haha just trying to get all the info i can b4 i dive in. I know its just a small thing but more research means less hiccups during the conversion.

| evaN |

mmm bass
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
why would H1 blind on coming cars? H1 is just the bulb type. THe only thing that can dazzle people is the headlight design and the bulb rating.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
why would H1 blind on coming cars? H1 is just the bulb type. THe only thing that can dazzle people is the headlight design and the bulb rating.

H1 are usually used for "high beam"
The only H1 globes out there are halogen or Xenon.. both can blind people.
H1 halogen also has no rating less than 50 watts unlike H4.

However the altezza lights generaly come with lenses installed to the low beam to aim the light forward rather than across meaning less blinded drivers

| evaN |

mmm bass
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
H1 comes in cars for low beams as well. Just because it comes in high beams for VT's doesn't mean its a high beam only globe lol

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
I thinks you can only use H1 in projectors, like Ozzie said the aim the beam and only come in a 50W rating which will definately blind other drivers if used in a normal reflector.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
I thinks you can only use H1 in projectors, like Ozzie said the aim the beam and only come in a 50W rating which will definately blind other drivers if used in a normal reflector.

Spot on.

Most vehicles these days have projector headlights as standard and use H1
Without the projector lens it would be like constantly driving round with your high beam on.

holdenrcool

Vt comodore is the ****
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Vt V6 Commodore Acclaim Series 1
hey fr3ndlyfir3

the lights in question actually have a shield inside the projector part itself which is designed to give the proper cut off point for the beam
look closely inside the projector from the front of the light and you should see the sheild. tip you can see it clearer when shinning a small light into the projector.

Revhead-Ryan

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series II S
Get some Xenon 6000K bulbs lol, 300% brighter than halogen. Then u can blind the oncoming cars in the day. Then who needs altezza lights. Im thinking about putting them on my VS but all my mates think it looks so gay on any car, and have gestured that any car except an altezza or stock cars with them that has those, they will piss on it lolol

And i dont want my VS to have that on the door