Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Altezza Low Beam Adjustment

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Hi all.

As most of you know, I have black altezza headlights installed in my VT.
I've recently installed a 35w H1 6000k HID kit and their too bright for other drivers.
I need to know how to adjust the low beam downward so I dont blind someone and cause an accident.

On the standard VT headlights there was a screw to lower the beam, however on the altezza the screw turns the beam but doesnt lower it?

Any help would be greatful.

Cheers, Ozzie

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
When adjusting headlights, you need to have them on high beam. They should be exactly parallel to the ground and shoot dead straight. When on low beam they should dip down and to the left slightly.

Measure up to the centre of the headlight and use that as a reference, park about 10 metres from a wall and draw a horizontal, level line at the same height. Measure your centres of the lights and mark crosses through your horizontal line the same distance apart. The way I line up the headlights is to lean a broom against the centre of headlight, then stand behind the car at the tail light and use the broom to find the position on the wall. Then with your high beams on, adjust them until the cross is in the centre of the beam.

But that doesn't really answer you question does it? Maybe you will see the light move when on high beam.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for that but nah it doesnt andwer my question lol
I know how to level and angle the light but with these altezza ones the actual adjustment screws are different to standard headlights.

I can see 4 screws on each headlight for adjustment (2 are hidden and arent easy to reach)

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
Yeah theyre a pain in the ass, especially the drivers side one.

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
dude my massive hands always come out sliced and diced when i decide to adjust my headlights...

Therefore the reason why I am delaying re-adjusting my lights... But I know for a fact that my high-beams are comeplety up in the air... Never use them though due to the HIDs

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
LOL Rich

Can you use a 8mm socket and rachet?
I adjusted mine lastnight and found it easier than a screwie

Ive got another 55w kit on their way for the high beam :p

andyos

Ozzie 98 Clubby
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT CLUBSPORT 5.0L
Ive got these too.How did you go doing the drivers one because it looks like you need to remove the battery to adjust it.Then you wouldnt know where they are pointing.