Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Altitude Rewards $3k rebate

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
You guys are the BEST.

I didn't know or think about rewards and the new redline wagon.

Looks like to me it is only the Commodore and Ute V6 only, not the sportwagon. Yahoo!

Details below from https://altituderewards.com.au/public/redeem_category.aspx?deptid=6184;

Vehicles Available Maximum Redemption Amount*
**Commodore, **Ute, Sportwagon, Caprice, HSV $3,000
Captiva 5 & 7, Trax, Cruze Sportwagon, Astra, Cascada, Insignia $1,000
Cruze Sedan, Cruze Hatch, Colorado, Colorado 7, Malibu $750
Spark, Barina $500
*Please note that these values are the maximum value. For example, you are able to use all denominations for a **Commodore; however you can only use the $500 rebate for Barina, or Barina Spark.

**Redemptions only available on V6 models

Click here for full terms and conditions. For more information on Holden visit www.holden.com.au or call 1800 033 349.
I wish you guys the best of luck in this - it may have been a slip up to not include the Sportswagon? but i'd be having a good crack at getting your rebates. I was already over extended on the cash front so $3000 basically covered my HF20s, Wing and Towbar! 4th V8 I've bought with the full rebate since '95, plus a number of lesser rebates on Barinas, Astras and Cruze for the wife/girls. The $3000 for Commodores was obviously based on local production /higher profit margin? so seriously doubt it will be the same for the 'new' imported Commodore.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
from memory, Holden changed the eligibility for the rebate to only be applicable on V6 Commodores / sportswagons back in March. I was spewing as I was about to pull the trigger on using a $2.5k rebate back then on my Redline.

if you have better luck on Monday, I would be keen to hear about it.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Just one warning ... if this is going to use poonts, check how many $200 vouchers you can get for the same points.
For some odd reason our ANZ scheme is cheaper to get vouchers for places we spend money (like Colesworths chain stores or SuperCrap) than to get discounts on anything ... for example a $3k discount on a Commodore, if it existed with pur scheme, would use as many points as $4k in vouchers.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Just one warning ... if this is going to use poonts, check how many $200 vouchers you can get for the same points.
For some odd reason our ANZ scheme is cheaper to get vouchers for places we spend money (like Colesworths chain stores or SuperCrap) than to get discounts on anything ... for example a $3k discount on a Commodore, if it existed with pur scheme, would use as many points as $4k in vouchers.
Not with the Westpac Altitude points; the Holden offer is streets ahead of anything else they offer. Every couple of months I get a letter from Altitude offering to buy back my 150 000+ points for a lousy $800 or thereabouts. Alternatively could get a 128Gb iPad but that is worth nothing like $3k. For Caltex fuel cards (admittedly I haven't checked recently) is about 20 000 points for $100 card - so yeah, no comparison really.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
You guys are the BEST.

I didn't know or think about rewards and the new redline wagon.

Looks like to me it is only the Commodore and Ute V6 only, not the sportwagon. Yahoo!

Details below from https://altituderewards.com.au/public/redeem_category.aspx?deptid=6184;

Vehicles Available Maximum Redemption Amount*
**Commodore, **Ute, Sportwagon, Caprice, HSV $3,000
Captiva 5 & 7, Trax, Cruze Sportwagon, Astra, Cascada, Insignia $1,000
Cruze Sedan, Cruze Hatch, Colorado, Colorado 7, Malibu $750
Spark, Barina $500
*Please note that these values are the maximum value. For example, you are able to use all denominations for a **Commodore; however you can only use the $500 rebate for Barina, or Barina Spark.

**Redemptions only available on V6 models

Click here for full terms and conditions. For more information on Holden visit www.holden.com.au or call 1800 033 349.
Go for it Hyperduc, unless conditions have changed you could claim the rebate up to 6months after your purchase.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
yep, just checked. 50000 altitude points gets you a $1000 Holden voucher where 47000 points would get you 2 x $100 Caltex vouchers.

it looks like they have changed all the values lately. Where 125000 points used to get you a $900 flight centre voucher, now 118500 points gets you a $500 one.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pretty lousy tho if they don't give any rebate for a V8 - even $1500 for 150000 points would be something when you can get rebates for all the lesser Holden models.

Do you remember back to the first few years when the $3000 was claimable on any Holden model? Basically changed when the micro car market took off - there were stories at the time of people buying new Barinas for about $11k, getting a $3k rebate, then selling the car to make an overall profit - haha, not a bad lurk!

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Do you get the rebate AFTER having negotiated the price on the car? Or will they only apply the rebate off the RRP? Many rebate-style promotions I've seen will only apply to the RRP of the item, so say the car's worth 55k, you get your 3k rebate and pay 52. Doesn't make sense if dealers are already selling them for 51, if you know what I mean. Many manufacturers do that sort of deal in the papers, save X amount but only if you start from RRP. Kind of like marking up to mark down. No idea if this applies to this particular rebate, if it's 3k off whatever you've already negotiated then that's a ripper.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Do you get the rebate AFTER having negotiated the price on the car? Or will they only apply the rebate off the RRP? Many rebate-style promotions I've seen will only apply to the RRP of the item, so say the car's worth 55k, you get your 3k rebate and pay 52. Doesn't make sense if dealers are already selling them for 51, if you know what I mean. Many manufacturers do that sort of deal in the papers, save X amount but only if you start from RRP. Kind of like marking up to mark down. No idea if this applies to this particular rebate, if it's 3k off whatever you've already negotiated then that's a ripper.
'Tis the latter Davison, that's what makes it so worthwhile...you don't mention the rebate in your negotiations & it's amazing how few salesman have even heard of it.

Probably the most memorable for me was updating from a VX to a VY back in the day. Was an end of financial year sale & I had negotiated, from memory, something like an $11k changeover. In those days rather than get a rebate certificate to take in on delivery day, you could just mention it when you turned up on delivery day with your cheque. They would then ring the number (Adelaide number) on the back of the card. When the accountant did this & was placed on hold for a few mins, he chatted, you've got a pretty good changeover price here, how much will this rebate be? I said, about $3k to which he smirked a bit as if to say, yeah, likely. Within a couple of mins he almost fell off his chair when his eyes widened & he said you're bloody getting $3010! (in round figures - in those days you could also get some surplus points bonus which often meant it went slightly over the $3k). I smiled and simply said, yeah, that's what I said...

A couple of years later, when updating from VY to VZ with another Dealer, after screwing the salesman down to the changeover price, he said to me 'I thought you said you couldn't go any higher?' I said, "I couldn't because I had already taken the $3k into account in my own calculations". No way he needed to know that before we shook.

The experience has always been pretty much the same. It's no skin off the Dealer's nose - it's up to $3k off your best negotiated price & the rebate is directly from Holden. You didn't even have to tell the Dealer as you could apply yourself directly to Holden up to 6 months after delivery - the Dealer will only eventually find out because Holden obviously rings the Dealer to confirm the sale details.

Most recently, we got the SV6 black edition VF2 ute last June...paying $41k (sold the VE2 ute privately to get more for it) which included sports bar & hard lid, flappy paddle wheel, alloy pedals, sports armour along with their 3yr free servicing, 5 yr warranty & 5 yr roadside assist at the time. Considering the rego was all but expired on the old ute this was a top deal. Subtracting the $3k to bring it back to $38k was the sweetener- Missus still hasn't forgiven me tho because she absolutely adored the Poison Ivy & now has phantom....but as I said to her we would have to be nuts not to update with all the the new standard accessories in the 5 yrs since we bought the VE2 where you couldn't even option reverse camera, sensors etc & we had no navigation on it.

Yeah, so the $3k rebate along with the Commodore is going to be sorely missed in the years to come...if for some reason, they don't allow it on my SS wagon (I'll ring them to find out on Mon) I won't be totally peeved...I've saved around $15k over the years, along with a further $3k for my Dad & $750 for a nephew who bought a Colorado a few years back.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi blokes,
I've read this entire thread with interest. I was totally unaware of the rebate system. Lools like I've missed out on $9k of rebates over the past few years. Bugger!
Sorry to ask a seemingly obvious Q, but having just realised my ignorance has vost me in the past, I want to be absolutely certain. @Lastv8 Maybe can answer Mate? Am I right in thinking, you got the $3k rebate on your (very awesome) Spitfire Redline, but the rules have now changed and there is no rebate whatsoever on V8 Commodores?