Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alto SSV Redline M6 Sedan

loku16

Reaction score
Website
www.addicted2fish.com.au
Members Ride
2010 VE SS-V Wagon
Just quick question...I've read that the red-line series have 233rwkw stock standard? Is that right or is that with a little tune?

the guys at Protek are great. Just let them know that they were mentioned on the forums! the more of us go there, hopefully they keep giving us good prices! :spot on:

:beer chug:

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Every car will be different....

jneil

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Alto SSVeII Redline M6
Just quick question...I've read that the red-line series have 233rwkw stock standard? Is that right or is that with a little tune?

the guys at Protek are great. Just let them know that they were mentioned on the forums! the more of us go there, hopefully they keep giving us good prices! :spot on:

:beer chug:

The Redline series is no different, engine wise, to any other SS, SSV or CalaisV V8. (the manual will gain an extra 10kw or so and 17nm or whatever it was over an auto). I'd guess it's around 230rwkw ish with a tune (stock everything else)... from the factory i'd guess it'd be closer to 210rwkw or less. I am expecting about 260rwkw with a full KPM, OTR and tune on e85.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
The Redline series is no different, engine wise, to any other SS, SSV or CalaisV V8. (the manual will gain an extra 10kw or so and 17nm or whatever it was over an auto). I'd guess it's around 230rwkw ish with a tune (stock everything else)... from the factory i'd guess it'd be closer to 210rwkw or less. I am expecting about 260rwkw with a full KPM, OTR and tune on e85.

Yeah be close to it, ive seen people with a full exhuast otr and mafless tune, getting up to 270/80rkw

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Yeah that's what I thought... I read a couple of threads that said stock 233rwkw and I thought WOW!! because with a full exhaust, then you'd at least look at 300rwkw!! :smoking:

LOL!!! How'd you work that out? That sort of increase from just an exhaust is stupid!

jneil

Reaction score
Members Ride
I was told that as a rule of thumb a 30% loss from fly wheel to rear and if you had 233rwkw from factory, an otr, extractors, exhaust and tune should give you around 300rwkw? Or am I incorrect in using the 30% estimate?

not quite...it is 25-30% driveline losses going from the engine to the wheels...so for example a stock 270fwkw - 25% losses = about 202rwkw. This is a VERY rough guide though.

You can't directly compare any gains by using an OTR, exhaust etc. to the flywheel quoted figures from the factory or any others as all cars are different and tune up differently, some start with more but gain less...some start poor and gain more but all should end up sort of similar (perhaps within 10rwkw) if tuned correctly with the same mods. Engines all all different and some have better tolerances and performance than others...there are some freaky engines out there that just perform and respond very well to mods.

jneil

Reaction score
Members Ride
some updates

Some more pics after the VCM OTR, KPM 3" with 1 3/4 coated headers and the Kings SSL/Monroe GT Sport Shorts.

VEIISSVRedline09.jpg

Stock Exhaust

VEIISSVRedline10.jpg

Stock Tips

VEIISSVRedline11.jpg

KPM 3.5" tips

VEIISSVRedline12.jpg

Ceramic Coated 1&3/4" 4 into 1's

VEIISSVRedline13.jpg

KPM 3" fits neat

VEIISSVRedline14.jpg

KPM 3" looks neat

VEIISSVRedline20.jpg

KPM 3" fits neat, looks neat & sounds bloody awesome!!

VEIISSVRedline15.jpg

VCM OTR with MAF

VEIISSVRedline16.jpg

Stock FE3

VEIISSVRedline18.jpg

Stock FE3 rear height

VEIISSVRedline19.jpg

Stock FE3 front height

VEIISSVRedline17.jpg

Kings SSL's & Monroe GT Sport's all round on the day I got it done.

It should have settled a little bit so i'll post up some more pics and some sound/video of the KPM 3" hopefully later today.

Jeff.