Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aluminium Body Panel Commodore in 2013

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
$40m taxpayer injecton for lightweight Holden Commodore

Saw this Article just now and thought id share it. Im not sure if its been posted or is well know about already but its pretty exciting news for Australia's favorite car. 7% weight reduction equates to about 125kg's which will give it a nice performance boost as well as making the car more environmentally competitive in both domestic and global markets.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
It's a 7% reduction in fuel economy - not weight. You'd think the weight reduction would be more than that.

I just hope they use the weight reduction for performance and not as an excuse to put some lame eco-friendly engines in there...

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
It's a 7% reduction in fuel economy - not weight. You'd think the weight reduction would be more than that.

I just hope they use the weight reduction for performance and not as an excuse to put some lame eco-friendly engines in there...

My bad I miss read it. Id be interested to see how much weight they drop just by changing the body panels tho

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

You can guarantee it will be both. Eco-friendly is the new world and they are all heading down that path. Who would have believed, only a few years ago, that a four cylinder Falcon would be released, but the Eco-boost is only months away. Holden will go the same way eventually.

Banicks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais '07
I don't quite understand why the future is electric cars either. People don't realise where the energy from a power socket comes from! Increasing electric power consumption will still increase carbon pollution from the power plants that still use coal. Why? Because the greenies won't let nuclear reactors into Australia.

"Bloody idiots"!

Simpletons just don't think beyond the power socket, and quite obviously neither do politicians.

vyseriesII

The Blessed Hellride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VyS S2 Blown
We are all doomed. The future looks extremely bleak for the car enthusiest due to this utta friggin bs about global warming. Just another scare tactic used to justify further taxes. All polatitions need to be hearded together and nuked. Not only that, we are dictated by these scumbags who own the oil companies in the middle east... It's about time people realised that if everyone said no to all this bs we could make a change. But humans are to stupid and seem to be happy just accepting all the bs that is around us and follow like sheep.

End rant.. :p