Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Am i going mad? (RHS dashboard bracket)

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
So I’m currently finally coming to the end of doing a WH full cream leather interior conversion into my VX Berlina. Seats, door cards, dashboard, dual zone heater box, the whole lot. I started this early last year, but due to having to move out of my previous workspace and find a new one, and time constraints it’s taken me until now to nearly finish it. I’m positive there’s a bracket that I’ve lost that goes onto the drivers side end of the dashboard that the “end cap” then attaches to, like the passengers side.

IMG_2100.jpeg

Unfortunately i can’t find a reference to, or a picture of this part anywhere. Does this part exist, or do i have the wrong end cap for my car/am i just sending myself crazy?

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Looks like a VE one.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
So I’m currently finally coming to the end of doing a WH full cream leather interior conversion into my VX Berlina. Seats, door cards, dashboard, dual zone heater box, the whole lot. I started this early last year, but due to having to move out of my previous workspace and find a new one, and time constraints it’s taken me until now to nearly finish it. I’m positive there’s a bracket that I’ve lost that goes onto the drivers side end of the dashboard that the “end cap” then attaches to, like the passengers side.

View attachment 269121

Unfortunately i can’t find a reference to, or a picture of this part anywhere. Does this part exist, or do i have the wrong end cap for my car/am i just sending myself crazy?
I think what you have in your hand is the passenger side?

No bar, like the passenger side, just the fuse box.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
So the outcome is….im an idiot who doesn’t take photos when taking his car apart i spent about half an hour tonight looking for the original endcap and sure enough, it screws straight on without any additional hardware. Thanks for your help guys. With self serve wreckers having gone the way of the dodo in Sydney im not able to go and see how another car goes together either. Looking at the two parts, i suspect that despite it being sold as a VT/VX part, the cream end cap I bought might actually be a VY/VZ one.

IMG_2373.jpeg

IMG_2375.jpeg

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
The factory manual is an easy download. VT-VZ in so much detail you can rebuild a car from loose panels.