Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Am i missing something

1998GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 HSV VT GTS 5.7 Stroker
Only had the car a few months now,i guessing this is part of the factory immobilizer system(unsure).But aren't i missing something that plugs into this.Am i going to end up having problems without it.Anybody got any idea.Thanks for your time.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
wtf is that doesnt look factory

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
That's were the Flux Capacitor plugs into :poke:

P.S I have NO fracken idea and definitely NOT factory... see below.
GloveboxDiagVT-VX.jpg

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
No not factory , definately aftermarket , yeah it looks like you are missing sumpin there , doubt if it will cause you any dramas , but heres a suggestion for you if you are worried , this is what i did with mine ( i had an aftermarket immobilizer fittedd to my vt when i brought it and didnt have the code ) . I went to the transport dept an paid $14 i think it was for a vehicle owners history report , lucky mine had had only two , i tracked em down an they told me how to recode it , very helpfull even posted me out the manual for it

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Looks like the post to swipe over a key tag for an immobiliser system. Would say it's been bypassed if the car is starting fine now.

1998GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 HSV VT GTS 5.7 Stroker
Ok.Thanks guys.Now i got sent another key because the buttons are buggered,but the new key (car dealer sent me)only unlocks the doors.Goes in the ignition, the lights on the dash come on. thats all.What do i do now!!!

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Ok.Thanks guys.Now i got sent another key because the buttons are buggered,but the new key (car dealer sent me)only unlocks the doors.Goes in the ignition, the lights on the dash come on. thats all.What do i do now!!!

3 button head???
You could have just bought the buttons.... VR,VS,VT,VX,VY,VZ -WH,WK & WL KEY BUTTONS (3)

Now there is a procedure that needs to be done to encode the key head to the cars BCM/ECU & ISS systems, otherwise they are useless. Holden should be able to do this for you, but I seem to remember, somewhere(I'll do a quick search...) and let you know if I find anything.

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec

sounds like it hasnt been coded properly , either that or its had a replacement bcm ????? does it open the doors with the button ??? or are you using the key manually

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
3 button head???
You could have just bought the buttons.... VR,VS,VT,VX,VY,VZ -WH,WK & WL KEY BUTTONS (3)

Now there is a procedure that needs to be done to encode the key head to the cars BCM/ECU & ISS systems, otherwise they are useless. Holden should be able to do this for you, but I seem to remember, somewhere(I'll do a quick search...) and let you know if I find anything.
Excellent stuff :spot on::spot on::spot on: