Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Am I right in saying we cannot legally turbo the VF?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
stoichiometry means they tune to fit the fuelling, burn and catalytic reaction and keep the closed loop within 10:1-18:1, 14.7:1 being the goal.
Yes, the reason Holden didn’t fit a different cam & make 400kW instead of 300kW is because ... well, just because.

Look, you & I both know these kits don’t go near meeting ADR’s. JC’s isn’t the one you need to convince should Something Bad happen, it’s the insurance company; no need to try & justify it here.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
It’s fine, we both know the reality; as long as everyone else is aware of the risks then it’s all good.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey I ain’t no Oprah stooge!

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Like I said, people who buy these packages are really absolved of any issue, because products need to be fit for service when they're paid for. I am sure Walky, Harrop, WSM etc have enough R&D to be able to warrant the needs of the local state/territory regs...or they just would have been stopped from selling it, years ago....no?! Seriously, come look at QLD, where we have no yearly inspections. I would be more worried about cars driving with filthy MAFs and poorly firing ignition systems...much more of a threat to the environment than my pristine new car. Too many worry worts and keyboard warriors, but I will get it on the dyno when a spot is available and get the exact measurements of 5-gas emissions and the particulate PPM levels. Then we can all sing kumbaya and I can be told that I was 'schooled', like I give a scheisse about the ramblings...
Ummmm yeah righto? Not rambling, was just making a point about the 340. It couldn't achieve Euro 5. That's most likely why it ceased to exist. I neither agree, nor disagree with whatever the point, or points you're trying to make are. I'm not qualified, nor experienced in such things. But, just because it's sold, doesn't mean it's legal. Walky, etal are merely glorified mechanics workshops. Not manufacturer's. They can sell what they like to an extent. No different to Tuner Bob down the road. Fit for purpose? That is irrelevant. We're not disputing a defect or warranty claim here. That said, I don't care. Dirty exhaust fumes are not going to contribute to accidents. My cars have nearly all been modded and tuned. Meh. I'd be surprised if an insurer or their underwriter would give two hoots. As long as the mods had been disclosed and the car was roadworthy. But! If the mods increased power, effected tq control, esp, traction control, auto shift points etc (as is highly likely), and this could be seen as contributory to an accident? They'd walk away smiling. Despite what they tell you over the phone.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Then you don’t understand contact law, they’d be putting themselves into all sorts of shite by agreeing and then not paying out.

Look. Unless any one of you has a law degree, you’re guessing. My partner is an expert in contract law, she also has a EMBA, business law is her thing.

I’ve already explored this. I really don’t need an education here. But thanks all the same.
I do understand it actually Tryg and yes, I do have tertiary quals in contract law. Seeing as you raised it. But, we digress. This is not about contract Law. Show me where a Walkinshaw contract states their cars meet emmissions levels in all states? Tangentially speaking, you were espousing that a cammed and otherwise altered LS3 may well meet emissions. I say that's highly unlikely, given the HSV340 could not, and the last of the LS3's may well have been detuned to comply. I'm not certain about t his, but Monstar seemed to think so?
From where i started reading' Forg took took this on another tangent about insurance cover. I see why he did too. You arked up about that too. You can consult your learned Partner (all due respect intended) in this too if you like. Maybe hand her the keyboard? It's not a topic completely foreign to me either. The point I was making ITR was, merely disclosing mods to your insurer online or over the phone, does not necessarily ensure your car is fully covered. In the event a mod contributes to a crash AND said mods make your car unroadworthy. You are paddling a barbed wire canoe upstream in **** Creek.
You're not necessarily "absolved" of anything.
BTW - is the face paint a mark of your belligerence? :D