Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Am i Screwed or is it just the cold??

vxs3.8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Commodore S-Pack 5spd
Hey Guys,
Been thorugh a couple of problems with my vx 5spd now. It fairly new only 70000kms. Anyway got everything sorted and car is running fine. Although on really cold mornings my ABS and TRACTION CONTROL light come on when i start. All the other lights are fine . Iv found that when i drive for around 5 minutes (or when the car is warm) i turn off the car, then back on and the lights go off.

Is this a normal thing? Iv read abit in here about faulty abs modules (but my oil light is fine). Does anyone think my module is on the way out or is it the cold just affecting it? Its only started happening since winter has kicked in.
Any help would be great.

Thanks!!!!!

ACEMonkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Acclaim S1
Give the connector pins to your ABS/Traction module a clean with contact cleaner. See how that goes. My guess is your connectors arent making good contact during the cold mornings.

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
My VT does the same thing on occasions. Every 4-6 months or so, it will go through a few weeks of sometimes having the warning lights on after start up, I find if I hold ignition on till all warning lights cycle through and go out (except oil/charge), then crank till it starts, fixes the problem.
Bit of a worry!