Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ambrose wingeing (its not my fault)

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
but he kept the points and the cheshire grin....good to see someone knock him off first place at ec...even if its another f*rd

perkins

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT VH ADP
F*%$#d if I know how they interpert their own rules at AVESCO, fair dinkum. :bang:
If what Colin Bond and Peter Wollerman are saying about their view of the rules is correct, then there's going to be carnage in China. How anyone can say it's the same as WA is beyond comprehension. In WA it was on a straight, not a corner like EC where the "B pillar" rule should've come into play and now they say the "B pillar" rule only applies when running into the braking area of a corner. China is going to be too good to miss once all the guys work that one out... I think Bondy has a very short memory - what about Murphs penalty at Winton for his tap on an already out of control Lowndes, or Skaifey on Murph at WA coming onto the main staight? Don't forget Ingall on Mike Imrie on the main staright at QLD raceway. The list of simillar situations could go on forever, lets hope these two boneheads don't last that long in their current jobs. :ranting:

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I thought I might add my 2.2 cents worth...Loundes has always been a ford supporter every seen his 1st car?? Its a 1966 Mark 1 Cortina when he switched to Ford he dusted it off. Secondly he is actually a nice guy and I dont believe his switch to ford was completely money but for personal reasons as well.

At the end of the day though the V8 supercars are getting more and more like nascars. Bring back the days when they pull a car off the showroom put in a roll cage, a decent seat & straps and go racing and on Monday you can go to the showroom and buy a car the same as what won. You look at a V8 supercar to a road car side by side there is very little holden or ford about them or simularities to a road car even the bodies arent the same as a road car. I believe this is why we do see less brand loyalty among drivers.

Secondly Im with you guys here I think there have been some very unfair decisions made in the supercar series against Drivers esp to scaife. To throw a conspiracy theory into the pot now. Look at all the strange decisions made throughout the series so far not just against Holden but ford as well, I think they are a little one sided.The driving standards advisor Colin Bond what camp did he come from?
Personally I think we have seen some pretty poor standards of driving this year, the last incident between ambrose and scaife was disgusting, ambrose should have yeilded. Most of the other drivers can get around the track without punting each other off the track.

I also think that the drivers have been warned about the media and not to say anything to them. Neither ambrose or scaife wanted to comment prior to the officials looked at the incident. After the first coming together I thought ambroses "apology" on RPM was pretty smug and Insincere.

The V8s may end up like F1 where the drivers have it written into their contracts that they are NOT to bad mouth their team, officials, equipment or other drivers. Even if someone is a second off the pace they still say they have a good car and they are happy with it. I do like to see the drivers speak their mind and tell it how it is.

I do give credit to Stone Bros racing though they do have a well put together team and they certainly have their cars sorted.I cant stand ambrose it seems to me that since his anouncement to a move to overseas racing his driving standards have dropped.

Bathurst is the holy grail of the V8s and I love it when any Holden wins, I hope they can keep it that way.

cheers
Scott

perkins

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT VH ADP
Bondy was a factory Holden driver up until he drove for Moffat in'77, which if you read and listen to what he says about that Moffat thing he would not do it the same way if he had his time again. I don't think there's a conspiracy in the decisions made, that'd be too easy. I think there's just been a lot of bad decisions made; look at Paul Dumbrell - he was trying to avoid running up Bairds arse in bad light after the Falcon driver jumped on the brakes 'cause he shat himself when the Dodo Commodore slipped off the track beside him. Anyone else would've kep the bbot in and gotten past the danger, which is what Dumbrell was apparently trying to do. Baird even apologised to him afterwards. Yet the decision handed down by someone who has never raced a v8 supercar (let alone anything in a competative category in the last 10 years) was a joke and we know it is beacuse how often do you see someone like Paul Dumbrell have the sympathy of the majority of pit lane and the media in that one? That goes back to EC, according to what I've read everyone, including most Ford teams, thought the lack of a Penalty on Ambrose was crap. Time for a change methinks, maybe someone who has raced a Supercar in the last 5 - 10 years (Mezera? Brock?) or maybe a panel of ex drivers but it would be difficult as most of them are still involved in teams of their own (Perkins, Johnson, Larkham, etc...)

oswald900

Reaction score
In my books if Ambrose takes some else out in the next round or two he should be either had points taken off him and a fine or suspended for a meeting or two.

Can not wait for him to go to NASCAR and get whipped.They wont put up with the way he is driving over here.He would be in the wall very quickly.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Did anybody see v8 superstars yesterday and .......surprise .....surprise no fuc#ing Ambrose and that incident given very little discussion.
He's pulling the name down of 4rd if that possible to go lower than they are....they also gave ingall some **** about playing second fiddle to the prick and even Larry Perkins said the Ingall had lost that spark that he had when he drove to the right brand.Very healthy rivalry between ingall and murph also.They asked Murph if he would drive for the oval pricks if he had to in the future and he emphatically said no.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
jetspin_vl said:
DOWN WITH PROJECT BLUEPRINT!!!

**rushes to flame retardant suit***
I reckon they should have called it BLUE OVAL PRINT
It was really made to bring the fords **** engineering somewhere near ours artifically and what do you know if you give the fords some huge advantages they win....sort of like making the commodores race towing a box trailer.

vn88calais

Perth Representative
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY Commodore 2002
i wouldnt mind David Besnard for a ford driver...hes an honest bloke...but not the most luckiest...Garth Tander is my hero in v8s tho...go GT!! (btw he was better when he was at Garry Rogers with Bargwanna...but Jason left and the demise of Cummins/Valvoline/Repco went down hill...still GRM is my fave team and Tander my fave racer)