Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Buick] American buick pistons in VR buick motor

aleavy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute
does anyone know if any of the american pistons will work in our buick motor? im having a hard time finding pistons for my rebuild i got 5 acl race series pistons but i cant get another one. ebay has a lot of pistons in america for a good price just need to know will they work? cheers

wogstyler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim sc L67
seeing that motor in your vr is from America they should be a direct fit man. Even try zzperformance.com for parts

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
no, the American listed items are for the GN series motors which have a different compression height and use shorter rods then we do. they will only fit if you use there pistons with there rods, but they are heavy which means you will require a heavy metal balance job on your crank shaft which is very costly

Mace is doing a group buy for forged pistons to suit our V6 using our rods. if your interested.... http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...-group-buy-forged-pistons-suit-vn-vp-v6s.html