Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

American riots....

BrettP75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais S1 6.0Ltr
https://apple.news/ACB0G7bT0SiybaWzwI2KiGw

Wow and NZ want to disarm police because of public outcry saying the police force should not carry any weapons.
Why? So that you know when you shoot at a police officer they have nothing to protect themselves with?

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline

Wow and NZ want to disarm police because of public outcry saying the police force should not carry any weapons.
Why? So that you know when you shoot at a police officer they have nothing to protect themselves with?

Your average policeman in New Zealand does not carry a weapon. They are only armed when they have to be.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

It's a sad day indeed.

But let's just clarify, NZ cops aren't armed for normal policing duties. Some officers do carry a side arm and many officers have access to firearms as and when required. There was a recent trial where some police were armed at almost a full tactical level but this was frowned upon by the public and it has been decided that this wont become the norm.

Today's events are tragic but far from the norm here in NZ. I wont speculate as to the circumstances of today's shootings as I'm sure all that will come out in due course but it started as a routine traffic stop. 2 people have been arrested.

Not trying to cause trouble, but with all due respect, what is the point to that scenario? I understand the scenario itself but I think the point Trevor is trying to make is that the damage dogs can cause with the way the world is going no doubt someone would make a claim of police brutality that a dog was unleashed on them causing significant injury.

From what I have seen here in NZ you generally get a few warnings before a dog is released to chase you down so the choice is yours, stop and behave or risk a dog bite.

BrettP75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais S1 6.0Ltr
Are there going to be riots in the streets, mass marches and parades in protest ??? Nope cuz it was just a cop killed that’s all.

the argument is a funny one as both sides of the fence often post statistics and numbers to justify their argument, but often the same number can be used on both sides depending how you “want to interpret” them.
Ultimately violence used by anyone against anyone shouldn’t be accepted or tolerated.
I think it’s funny that anyone currently saying “all Lives matter” is being shot down?? Why is that? Yes absolutely black lives matter, but so do Hispanic, Asian, Pacific Islander, Caucasian. I feel it’s getting to the point I need to apologise for being white? I can’t help being white any more than a Chinese person can be for being Asian.
The riots have absolutely nothing to do with George Floyd or any other Black Death for that matter and we have to stop kidding ourselves thinking they do. They are just merely opportunistic thugs who see this as the perfect time to cause trouble.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
It's a sad day indeed.

But let's just clarify, NZ cops aren't armed for normal policing duties. Some officers do carry a side arm and many officers have access to firearms as and when required. There was a recent trial where some police were armed at almost a full tactical level but this was frowned upon by the public and it has been decided that this wont become the norm.

Today's events are tragic but far from the norm here in NZ. I wont speculate as to the circumstances of today's shootings as I'm sure all that will come out in due course but it started as a routine traffic stop. 2 people have been arrested.

From what I have seen here in NZ you generally get a few warnings before a dog is released to chase you down so the choice is yours, stop and behave or risk a dog bite.

A sad day indeed, that a Officer was killed in the line of duty , another is in a serious condition in hospital , I’m of two minds whether NZ police should be armed , but Auckland based police will be carrying weapons until the shooter is found

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Ultimately violence used by anyone against anyone shouldn’t be accepted or tolerated.

Yet Ernie Dingo is being applauded for assaulting someone who racially abused him at the train station on Wednesday.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Not trying to cause trouble, but with all due respect, what is the point to that scenario? I understand the scenario itself but I think the point Trevor is trying to make is that the damage dogs can cause with the way the world is going no doubt someone would make a claim of police brutality that a dog was unleashed on them causing significant injury.

This is the Trevor who had no problem with the cop who murdered George Floyd. Don't take to much notice of what Trevor says.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Try the ignore function ;)

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Punctuation and grammar would suggest otherwise?