Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Amf lifters

Roxanne

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Holden sports wagon as
Looking for advice ,
I have posted before about a collapsed amf lifter number 1 I ended up doing a complete rebuild now 18000 kms later and amf lifter 7 has collapsed what would cause AMD lifters to collapse .

Ls1Nova71

Reaction score
Members Ride
G8
The lifters are just a poor design. Your best bet is to eliminate the whole system, at least that's what we do here in the states. A buddy of mine just had this happen in his truck, so he swapped the cam, got new regular lifters and had it retuned. You really wont notice a decrease in fuel economy either.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Looking for advice ,
I have posted before about a collapsed amf lifter number 1 I ended up doing a complete rebuild now 18000 kms later and amf lifter 7 has collapsed what would cause AMD lifters to collapse .

warranty covered???

Roxanne

Reaction score
Members Ride
warranty covered???

There are saying no warranty as the supplier wont cover it as they dont know if it was installed properly the mechanic is saying it should be the supplier I have decided to issue a letter of demand for a refund and take the amf out

Roxanne

Reaction score
Members Ride
The lifters are just a poor design. Your best bet is to eliminate the whole system, at least that's what we do here in the states. A buddy of mine just had this happen in his truck, so he swapped the cam, got new regular lifters and had it retuned. You really wont notice a decrease in fuel economy either.

Yes we are now taking the afm out and asking for a refund