Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Amp Error

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have just got a problem with my new head unit. Tonight I have just got amp error on my Pioneer deck. Google suggests an error with the speakers. I tried pulling the RCA jacks from the amp and the issue remains. Anyone have a clue on what this could be? I'll add the other day everything shut down unexpectedly but I was able to reboot straight away.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Might be worth an email to pioneer support.

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Might be worth an email to pioneer support.

I might have figured it out. I suspect after chopping off the speaker cables at the amp prematurely it could have been the blue signal wire. I tried everything mentioned in Google and the amp still shut down. I then had a play with the signal wire at the back of the HU and it no longer shuts down. Only annoying thing is I chopped the speaker cables because my tiny allen keys are almost two hours away. Now I have to hope the Fa in Law has small enough ones that I can reattach the cables to the amp. If not I have to leave work early tomorrow and try to get to Autobarn to buy some. Wished I checked the signal wire first but 5 or 6 Google suggestions said it's most likely speaker cables and to try that before anything else..... lol

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I had thought the amp had finally died, it is over 10 years old.