Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Amp Mounting

Spanner

Reaction score
Hey guys i was just wondering, what would be the best place to position an amp to run a sub in the boot. :confused:

I have a vs 97 series 2 executive

Preferably somewhere out of the way, and easy to install

ANy help would be much appretiated ;)

vsberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Berlina
hey, i have a 97 vs berlina on gas so the only option for me was to make up a fake wall which screws to the side of the boot as i couldnt screw it to the back of the seats like many others do. here are some pics...

Attachments

• ampinboot2.jpg
    ampinboot2.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 1,099
  • ampinboot.jpg
    ampinboot.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 681
Last edited:

Spanner

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks man i might try that, it looks pritty good without compromising boot space. ;)

Spanner

Reaction score
Just Wondering

Hey man i was just wondering, what you used to mount the amp on :confused:

Did you just use ply wood or did you just drill staight into the side of the car???

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
You could bolt it to the Fold down ski hatchin the boot it is hollow and the heat will dispurs easily

vsberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Berlina
I used some MDF which was cut in the shape of that section of the boot. Then i covered it with the same colour carpet as the boot, drilled holes for the cables to come through, wired and screwed the amp to the MDF, then screwed the wall to the metal of the boot wall.

midnight.outlaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S series 2
Make sure you use small screws and screw near the bottom of the boot wall, there is some clearance there.

Spanner

Reaction score
Hatch

I was just wondering does any one have any photos of an amp mounting on the hatch that opens into the boot from back seats. :confused:

And if you do can you also tell me how you did it.

;) Thanks Heaps

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
We had an amp mounted on the ski hatch (which I only now now is called a ski hatch I just used to call it a flap but that doesn't sound the nicest :eek: ) anyways it was really easy to mount, just drill straight into the plastic and screw it in. I might have a pic somewhere of it, I'll have a looksie but I'm sure you'll be able too find plenty of pics of them cos that is a really common mounting place. That was in the VR I wouldnt do it in the VT now cos of the drink holders and the possibly od drinks spilling on the amp.

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
i know my car is older then yours (vk) but i monted my amp the all i did was screm it in with small tech screws, and it is solid as a rock and hidden it also has plenty of breathing room.

cheers

scott