Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Amp Trigger, Wiring diagram in excel

Decksta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S, VZ Adentura, JH II Cruze, VL Wag ned2sell
Ok guys and girls-(is there any) :w00t:

Amp trigger on a standard H/U VX in the excel chart of the wiring diagrams there is a constant +12 volt output IE when the stereo off this is still live??

Next question in the excel chart it has amp trigger in yellow but why is it yellow the same as the rear right speaker +????? And if it does not go in the loom then it will be before the plug??

Another one lol I have a 10-stacker eurvox in the boot, would that have a power up wire?? But would it just power up when I switch to it the stacker???

The real question is how am I going to connect my amp trigger up I don’t want to put a switch in, off the accessories that would annoy me I think, any ideas??

I think its time to pull out the volt metre :driving:

Regards

Decksta

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
i think the yellow/red wire should be right for an amp remote wire

Decksta

Reaction score
Members Ride
So thats the constant 12 volt output but would this be live all the time ie key on and off???

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
maybe wire the trigger up to the acc. wire?

*do NOT take my word for this. i honestly dont know.*

.....hmmm shoulda made the text bigger.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
Decksta said:
So thats the constant 12 volt output but would this be live all the time ie key on and off???

no, i think its only 12V when the stereo is on, but check with a test light, or preferably a multimeter

Decksta

Reaction score
Members Ride
The problem with off the acc is it will be always on it will make the amp get hot and still draw about 600mA (I think its the only way to go though I cant find anything? might have put a switch under the seat or something.

Tested today the yellow/red which is meant to be 12v output wire is only powered when its switched to radio it signals the antenna :(

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
can you explain what you mean decksta? why will the amp get hot?? Are you thinking that the remote wire will draw 600mA all the time? It will still do this regardless of wether it is hooked to the remote wire of a HU or straight to accessories.

As for the amp overheating due to always being on, i dont get what you mean. The amps gonna be on all the time anyway, unless you've got your HU off. If your HU is off and the remote connected to acc, it wont be doing anything as it wont have a signal to amplify, so wont get hot

Decksta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Correction........ It draws 600mA Start up (on the power wire) then drops to 400mA after a couple of minute’s bout the same as the interior light. The remote wire draws nothing basically cause it is only a relay in the amp that switches the power on

i never left the amp alone enough to see if it get hot,, lol

Though it does get tiny bit warm after about 1 hour on