Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Amplifier stays on

DatVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe S2
Hey guys

I've recently added an Amp to my car. It powers on fine, works fine, but when I turn the ignition off, the amp stays on, and the two speakers have static going through them.

The other amp I have powering the subwoofer works fine, and turns off when the ignition is off.

My only guess is the remote wire. I've got the remote wire running through the car, then joined two seperate ends from the main remote wire, to go into each amp. Could this be an issue ? Thank you.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
No, you can split a remote wire for 2 amps with no issue.

Easiest way to test this is to remove the remote wire from the faulting amp. Does the amp turn off?

No = Amp is faulty or a wire strand could be touching the remote terminal from the positive terminal.

Yes = Remote wiring has an issue.

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
My first guess would be the remote wire too. What testing have you tried? Can you swap the remote wires from one amp to the other? Disconnect both and just put one on at a time? Test for current on each remote wire and compared (with ignition both on and off)? Might help to narrow down what's going on. Were you tired or rushed when you wired it up and may have made a simple mistake? (who hasn't done that at least once)

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
What amp is it? Some amplifiers have auto power on based upon voltage down the RCAs. If this is equipped make sure it's off. Also, if you disconnect the remote wire and it stays on, try disconnecting the rcas one at a time until both/all four are disconnected and see if it powers down then. Wait a few second between each one.