Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AMSOIL - The First In Full Synthetics

Discussion in 'VT - VX Holden Commodore (1997 - 2002)' started by Bubbaj247, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Bubbaj247

Bubbaj247 VTR247

Members Ride:
    VT ACCLAIM II
    Has Anyone Got or Tryed Amsoil in there car?

2. grafxworld

grafxworld KLRBASS

Members Ride:
    VT GTR EXEC S1 - SOLD off
    yes it's one of the best oil you can buy in USA, expensive but worth every penny... My dad used to be a distributor .... and I used it on everything I drove. I found the Redline tranny oil was better for manuals. which is a full syth. but the engine oil from amsoil was the best of everything I tried but I couldn't afford to keep it up, and went back to Mobile 1 full synth. for the engine.
    here in oz I'm going to try PM Lubricants they seem pretty good in the info they sent me and the price is around 50 bucks for the engine oil

3. Raptorsc

Raptorsc RAPTR6

Members Ride:
    Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
    Amsoil, the first in synthetics

Yes we use Amsoil in most things we have. So do some of our customers, you will find (in our opinion) their manual gearbox, auto trans and engine oils the best there is.

We test it a lot with supercharged engines and find its protection to be outstanding.

Advice: Go for it!

In Qld you can get it from Alpha Lubrication 07 5448 5953

4. mdsaul

mdsaul Guest

Do you or anyone else know who is selling Amsoil products here in NSW?
    Thanks

Mark

5. montyscott

montyscott Guest

synthetic engine oil

You could also give Mobil synthetic diesel oil a go, its supposed to be the same stuff BMW and Mercedes use on their extended drain servicing in their own workshops, its the synthetic equivalent of Mobil Delvac which is also an awesome oil, check the specs.

I have used the Delvac in my 98' VT since new and also a 76' F350 on LPG camper about 4.25 tonnes, runs up to QLD every year, under a lot of load and hardly uses a drop.

Cheers

Monty