Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

an extremely annoying buzzing sound through my car audio!

roon_VR

VR executive Commodore
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
3.8 V6 executive SII VR
hey people,

I've had this problem for quite some time now but I never really bothered with it because I'm just to lazy. However, it's been getting on my nerves recently and i seriously want it disappeared. Whenever i have my system playing, I hear constant buzzing noise. As i accelerate, the buzzing goes along with the throttle, kind of like a supercharger whine when you full throttle the car (lol). It's been getting really annoying and i can't quite find the problem. however, when i remove the RCA's from my two amplifiers, the buzzing disappears but if I re-insert the RCA's, the buzzing comes back lively as ever!

I was thinking that it could be my power cable being close to my RCA leads because my power cable and RCA's come in close contact with each other, coming from the cabin into the boot. But i don't quite know.

Have any of you guys had a similar problem? If so, how did you rectify the problem?

Thanks, :realangry

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
Hey, my cousin had this problem in him XR ute. It turned out to be poor grounding.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
called alternator wine, the nosie is interferance from your elctical system.

Ensure all all power cables are not near signal wires anywhere. Do not let them cross.

You can also install a power filter into your system.

the noise your hearing increases with throttle due to its corralation to the alternator, rev harder, alternator spins faster, generates more current, more noise!

easy fix

aZk.

roon_VR

VR executive Commodore
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
3.8 V6 executive SII VR
So which wires are referred to as the signal wires? RCA's? amp-on lead?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Pioneer head units have a common problem of their RCA ground being quite weak. If people plug their RCAs in with the stereo on or even sometimes without, it blows a small protection fuse inside the head unit that needs to be replaced or shorted. That is most likely your problem since you have a Pioneer head unit.

roon_VR

VR executive Commodore
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
3.8 V6 executive SII VR
oh, well luckily i have a replacement head unit for the mean time and see if it makes the buzzing sound with that.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7

roon_VR

VR executive Commodore
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
3.8 V6 executive SII VR

roon_VR

VR executive Commodore
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
3.8 V6 executive SII VR
ok, i changed head-units and the buzzing has disappeared. Good that the buzzing is gone, but the bad how my pioneer unit is bent.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
What state are you in? Pioneer will usually fix the RCA fuse for free the first time... So just take it or send it to them.