Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

An Open Letter to Greta Thunberg

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
A philosophy professor addressing climate science is just like our politicians addressing climate science... It’s knowledge not in their wheelhouse...

Whether you agree or disagree with climate change, when personal attacks are occur, and really that’s what that article was, science is being pushed into the back seat ;) Such behaviour seems to be widespread because, it seems, the science can’t be easily argued :oops:

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
A philosophy professor addressing climate science is just like our politicians addressing climate science... It’s knowledge not in their wheelhouse...

Whether you agree or disagree with climate change, when personal attacks are occur, and really that’s what that article was, science is being pushed into the back seat ;) Such behaviour seems to be widespread because, it seems, the science can’t be easily argued :oops:
But if you ever discuss anamorphic climate change, the shouting people say that the science is "proven and settled"
i.e. it is because they say it is.
And we'll glue ourselves to the road to prove it.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
eWyTvm0.jpg

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
But if you ever discuss anamorphic climate change, the shouting people say that the science is "proven and settled"
i.e. it is because they say it is.
And we'll glue ourselves to the road to prove it.
I thought anamorphic climate change was not a supporter or counter to climate change causes itself but more the science of human behavior around how our species sees and handles the issue?

In any case, if you look at the masses fighting the 'climate cause', they are no different to the 'bright sparks' among our species who rely on a cash register to work out the change they should provide. As such, i doubt the average protester, whichever side of the fence they are on, would have a detailed understanding of basic statistics, let alone the science behind determining whether climate change is occurring. Some have never and will never look at the science behind climate change but rather form a belief on either side of the fence just because it makes them feel like they belong and contribute in some way, just like religion does.

So i whether it's the climate deniers or the climate fighters, when people are attacked, it's because those doing the attacking have reached the limit of their arguments. And as we all have a capacity to regress into old ways of handling disagreements, it wont be long before, figuratively speaking, people start having their eyes poked out...

Regardless, its all a bit odd for me to be discussing such issues within a forum dedicated to all Holden things that consuming copious amounts of dead dinosaurs. I'll go back to my corner now :rolleyes::p

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
^ Yep, seems the current theme is to attack greenies and those concerned about our climate as “those that take the benefit of our society” but want the rest of us to regress to pre industrial conditions.

Just keep in mind who this ‘professor’ is; he’s the director of multiple mineral exploration and mining companies, a fact that was undisclosed in the minute of the video i watched. Such should be considered a conflict of interest, in one sense, and really should be of concern as to where his interest really lies :rolleyes:

Bearing in mind that quite some years ago, both sides of politics came out and said we Australians must lower our standard of living so other less fortunate in this world can raise theirs. Reality is that we should be cautious of all politicians and those directors and multinational corporate leaders that only have their own self interest at heart ($$$). It’s probably the reason why so much of our industry has gone O/S (but that’s another subject, though related by greed o_O

And there I was walking back to my corner :p

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I thought anamorphic climate change was not a supporter or counter to climate change causes itself but more the science of human behavior around how our species sees and handles the issue?

In any case, if you look at the masses fighting the 'climate cause', they are no different to the 'bright sparks' among our species who rely on a cash register to work out the change they should provide. As such, i doubt the average protester, whichever side of the fence they are on, would have a detailed understanding of basic statistics, let alone the science behind determining whether climate change is occurring. Some have never and will never look at the science behind climate change but rather form a belief on either side of the fence just because it makes them feel like they belong and contribute in some way, just like religion does.

So i whether it's the climate deniers or the climate fighters, when people are attacked, it's because those doing the attacking have reached the limit of their arguments. And as we all have a capacity to regress into old ways of handling disagreements, it wont be long before, figuratively speaking, people start having their eyes poked out...

Regardless, its all a bit odd for me to be discussing such issues within a forum dedicated to all Holden things that consuming copious amounts of dead dinosaurs. I'll go back to my corner now :rolleyes::p
Yep, anthropogenic induced climate change is another unproven area so far. There are agendas on both sides of the largely polite discussion, which clearly has many $$$ involved either way.
But there may be a relationship between human activity and degrees Kelvin. I haven't been swayed either way yet.
The origin of oil has been generally accepted to be plant matter and marine life, with some land-based dinosaurs thrown in.
But who really knows....some even think that crude oil is still being made underground.
I'll keep driving my dinosaur vehicles for the forseeable, until I am no longer allowed to.
(back to my corner).

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
back to the original point of the thread, the world should be looking at who is funding the Greta bandwagon. Follow the money and you will find the true agenda behind the girl.