Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

An Open Letter to Greta Thunberg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Religion, now there is a deep dark hole...

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Having an opinion is all well and good but an opinion based on facts can be discussed... an opinion based on belief is much like a religion and can’t be discussed.

How many wars have been fought because someone’s imaginary god was the true god and the other groups imaginary god was the false god and therefore blasphemy :eek:

Opinions need to be based on more than belief if people want to discuss them :rolleyes:
Well, I did stress a few times that my comments were opinions only. We are all entitled to them. We form them based on multiple factors. Experience, comprehension of what we see and hear, and discussion are some of those factors. It is possible to have an intelligent discussion on this subject until the word "denier" enters the conversation. From that point on, it tends to develop beyond discussion, because believers will not accept the rights of others to hold a different view and insist that the deniers back up their views with facts to support them. This intransigence is what makes the topic so subject so touchy.
I'd rather be considered a climate agnostic. I agree with some points, find others less easy to accept. Simples.

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
Child? I believe she is 16 or 17? She also has a learning disability if what I have read is true and that this subject of climate change is the only thing that seems to keep her happy.

Of course it's hard to know exactly what to believe these days. Yes she is the poster child and yes she is been used to some degree.

She's Autistic... As am I.

I know that's a cardinal sin to say on the 'net, and i'm probs going to get a lot of flack for that. But eh, I'm used to it.

In saying that, here's a video. Take a watch. Jords is a guy who's constantly on the media attack, and as @immortality suggests (and is right on the money about) the huge issue is the massive amounts of fiscal corruption in politics. That's mentioned in this video.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Greta thinks she may have had corona virus

greta-thunberg-self-isolation-coronavirus-designboom-001.jpg

‘in sweden you can not test yourself for COVID-19 unless you’re in need of emergent medical treatment. everyone feeling ill are told to stay at home and isolate themselves,’ she continues. ‘I have therefore not been tested for COVID-19, but it’s extremely likely that I’ve had it, given the combined symptoms and circumstances.’now I’ve basically recovered, but – and this is the bottom line: I almost didn’t feel ill,’ she concludes. ‘my last cold was much worse than this! had it not been for someone else having the virus simultaneously I might not even have suspected anything. then I would just have thought I was feeling unusually tired with a bit of a cough. and this is what makes it so much more dangerous. many (especially young people) might not notice any symptoms at all, or very mild symptoms. then they don’t know they have the virus and can pass it on to people in risk groups.’

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
If she did say that then it shows why she should have no credibility whatsoever, is she apparently a medical expert now also?

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
If she did say that then it shows why she should have no credibility whatsoever, is she apparently a medical expert now also?
Um, that's not much of counter argument.
I don't recall her ever pretending or claiming she is an environmental science expert or a medical expert.
Apparently Susan on Facebook knows heaps about lots of stuff...

Greata's comment above sounds quite intelligent and responsible.
Some people will get infected and feel only minor symptoms or no symptoms at all as they will have natural immunity and if their country's officials won't allow testing unless it's an emergency they won't know if the symptoms are flu or covid-19... her comment is quite reasonable in my view
SO there is a possibility for some people to unknowingly infect others.

Does one need to be a science professor to see the damage humans cause to the environment?
Is it socially and politically unacceptable for young people to be passionate about these issues, to voice their concerns and thoughts? It's their future. The baby boomers have utterly exploited the planets resources with scant regard for the environment, taken the money and ran....and many don't like some youngster coming along to upset their apple cart.

When I was about 14 years old, after reading a journalists article exposing the problem, I wrote to the Australian Gov. about the toxic tailings dams in NT's uranium mines, that were leaching into the surrounding environment and poisoning local wildlife, particularly birds.
The problem was real. I was 14 and the reply from the federal environment department (or whatever it was called at the time) was dismissive and lacked integrity, my letter was essentially treated with contempt.

The opposing forces against Greta, try to diminish her civil rights and create doubts about her concerns by planting bad seeds within their own commentary.
They change the debate from the environment to arguing over whether she has any intelligence at all, therefore no right to push her own barrow. They attack her personally and mostly with strawman arguments.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
ps
Greta is also 100% correct.....the UN Climate Change Summit was a BS talk fest, rich people wining and dining while traveling the world, bureaucrats wanking themselves on the tax payers dime...

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
She has balls....and I commend her for standing up against the arrogant powerful and wealthy elites.
At least with her strategy they can't put her in prison like they have Julian Assange.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
What are you on mate? I'm not having a counter argument but simply making a statement just a Greta seems to be able to do about things she is not fully informed about yet people live on her words. To go around saying that it is extremely likely she had COVID-19 because she had a few combined symptoms yet never got tested is an extraordinary and foolish thing to do especially if you are out in the public eye, the way I see it when you do something like that you are either extremely stupid, try to gain attention or have an ulterior motive and I'm not saying that because I dislike the girl, I'm saying that because there are far too many people at the moment jumping on the bandwagon of making statements for the hell of it and putting out false information to the public which does nothing good.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I am sceptical that she actually wrote that personally. There are puppet masters behind her funding her travels, arranging appointments and appearances. COVID19 has pushed her out of the spotlight. What better way of getting 'look at me' attention.
A bit like a certain Aus Senator who has suffered from a lack of 'look at me and listen to my opinion' attention lately.