Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

An Open Letter to Greta Thunberg

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
What are you on mate? I'm not having a counter argument but simply making a statement just a Greta seems to be able to do about things she is not fully informed about yet people live on her words. To go around saying that it is extremely likely she had COVID-19 because she had a few combined symptoms yet never got tested is an extraordinary and foolish thing to do especially if you are out in the public eye, the way I see it when you do something like that you are either extremely stupid, try to gain attention or have an ulterior motive and I'm not saying that because I dislike the girl, I'm saying that because there are far too many people at the moment jumping on the bandwagon of making statements for the hell of it and putting out false information to the public which does nothing good.
I really think you need to read her comment again and have a bit more of a think about what she actually said.
You are not comprehending what she is saying, possibly due to a cognitive bias blocking your view.

Meanwhile back here in Oz...
NSW Premier URGES people to 'act' as though they have coronavirus.
Seriously? WTF? Talk about fear mongering.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03...hth-nsw-person-to-die-of-coronavirus/12098696
Are they intending to test every single NSW resident, no, they want everyone to do what Greta's Swedish government has said and what she has done, but without actually saying it....read her comment again.
snippet:
Ms Berejiklian warned that "young people, in particular, can't feel that they are immune from the disease".

"There are still a proportion of the community who are not doing the right thing, and that is heartbreaking," she said.

"All of us have to act as though we have the disease ourselves.

"So make sure you keep distance from people unless it is your immediate family that you are always in contact with.

"All of us have to assume that we have it, so we make sure we exercise precaution at every turn.

"This is the best way we can contain the spread and the best way we can have some comfort that there won't be stricter conditions that people will find very difficult to live with."

....and you think Greta is stupid?

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
That's my worry on this is that she may have a PR team and she or they thought she needs to keep her image up, when people disappear from the spot light it becomes harder for them to come back so this was released to keep her name floating around. It may look innocent but when you look at what the world and many people are going through at the moment those comments are highly insensitive and you could imagine the flack Donald Trump would be copping if this come from him (I am not comparing her to Trump before people want to put their own interpretation into my thoughts again) It doesn't matter who it comes from this is just plain wrong, if we want to tell people to use scientific fact into an argument then for her to say it is highly likely she had the virus but she didn't get tested or have it confirmed shows how ignorant the comment is. I would hope there was some truth to her feeling unwell, not because I wish her harm but if she said it just to gather attention it would be even more disgraceful. I have family in Italy and friends in America right now and I know a little about what they are going through so seeing this kind of publicity to me is pretty shallow.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
I really think you need to read her comment again and have a bit more of a think about what she actually said.
You are not comprehending what she is saying, possibly due to a cognitive bias blocking your view.

There is absolutely no biased in my comment towards her, I have read her comment and I think you need to read it again and then consider what is happening around the world right now and then ask yourself how does this comment from her help? As I said, it doesn't matter who said it but this comment at this time is insensitive full stop and if you don't agree with me then perhaps seek views from people that are suffering from the virus or have lost loved one from it. Look deeper at her words

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Did you read the article about our NSW Premier....
You are NOT comprehending Greta's comments...cognitive bias....for sure.

Here's some info on the "seasonal influenza'.....for comparison...an annual event, globally, rotating with the seasonal shift of the hemispheres.

Illnesses range from mild to severe and even death. Hospitalization and death occur mainly among high risk groups. Worldwide, these annual epidemics are estimated to result in about 3 to 5 million cases of severe illness, and about 290 000 to 650 000 respiratory deaths.

In industrialized countries most deaths associated with influenza occur among people age 65 or older (1). Epidemics can result in high levels of worker/school absenteeism and productivity losses. Clinics and hospitals can be overwhelmed during peak illness periods.

The effects of seasonal influenza epidemics in developing countries are not fully known, but research estimates that 99% of deaths in children under 5 years of age with influenza related lower respiratory tract infections are found in developing countries
https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/influenza-(seasonal)

.....remember this is an annual occurrence

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
There is absolutely no biased in my comment towards her, I have read her comment and I think you need to read it again and then consider what is happening around the world right now and then ask yourself how does this comment from her help? As I said, it doesn't matter who said it but this comment at this time is insensitive full stop and if you don't agree with me then perhaps seek views from people that are suffering from the virus or have lost loved one from it. Look deeper at her words
Please read my followup post re: seasonal influenza....
You are so biased in your opinion of Greta that you are incapable of seeing it.
The political and media fear mongering and all the mixed messages from 'those in positions of authority' about this covid-19 will probably cause more illness and problems than the actual virus

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
What are you on mate? I'm not having a counter argument but simply making a statement just a Greta seems to be able to do about things she is not fully informed about yet people live on her words...
Young girl makes silly statements and many follow her words like she's the messia...? Me, i'd have harsh words at the followers rather than at the young lady ;)
... I'm not saying that because I dislike the girl, I'm saying that because there are far too many people at the moment jumping on the bandwagon of making statements for the hell of it and putting out false information to the public which does nothing good.
Welcome to the internet, the only place on earth overflowing with truths :rolleyes:o_O

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Do you think about or care for all those who lost loved ones from the seasonal flu? Every year?

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Please read my followup post re: seasonal influenza....
You are so biased in your opinion of Greta that you are incapable of seeing it.
The political and media fear mongering and all the mixed messages from 'those in positions of authority' about this covid-19 will probably cause more illness and problems than the actual virus
You are incapable of seeing things yourself, as I said it's not because she said it the fact she "says it's highly likely she had it because she feels like she had symptoms yet she didn't get tested" is insensitive. My views are not because it came from her and I can assure you I would have the same view if anybody else said it, somehow you have never met me but seem to know me? What she says looks purely like someone who is trying to gain attention, go out and get tested first instead of saying something on a whim, her comments were unneeded whether it came from her or anyone else. As for me not caring about people dying from the flu, is that a personal shot towards me? If so that's pretty shallow also and I would hope you know my answer to your question on that

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Masses die from the flu each year because most people don't bother with basic hygiene, take a few days off when you have a cough (many employers need to sit up and listen here). We could halve the number of deaths from influenza easily by doing some basic ****. Most people will happily cough and sneeze there way through a day and pass around those bugs because most don't think it will kill them and simply don't care about the next person who will catch that virus. The number of people dying needlessly is a poor indictment on society today.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
You are incapable of seeing things yourself, as I said it's not because she said it the fact she "says it's highly likely she had it because she feels like she had symptoms yet she didn't get tested" is insensitive. My views are not because it came from her and I can assure you I would have the same view if anybody else said it, somehow you have never met me but seem to know me? What she says looks purely like someone who is trying to gain attention, go out and get tested first instead of saying something on a whim, her comments were unneeded whether it came from her or anyone else. As for me not caring about people dying from the flu, is that a personal shot towards me? If so that's pretty shallow also and I would hope you know my answer to your question on that
Please keep it in context and not try to slip your way out, you know damn well it was because "she" said it....and you followed up with using it as a sounding board to denigrate her and discredit her right to follow her own path regarding anthropogenic climate change.
Not only did she follow directives from her own government regarding covid-19, she echoed the very words of our NSW Premier.
....and now you wanna play victim? Like I'm attacking you personally.....?...more straw men....all I did was put your biased ideology to bed.