Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

... And now, Blaupunkt Aux Input! (VY/VZ)

breast69au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
just wondering how you went with the Aux in Mod and the phone cut out cause i am really keen on getting the Aux in and the low level out in my commodore. How much do you charge for the kits cause i want one to install in my cars H/D.

Bundy_Wal

Livin' the Bundy life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6 S pack Ute
Hey Phreddy - Any chance of buying one of these off ya? I PM'd u but no reply as yet... ;-)

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Hi All.

My apologies to those among you who've sent PMs or whatever that I've not gotten back to - between some work hassles, Xmas, and generally being busy, I've missed following up with you.

Those I've missed who are still keen by all means get in touch. Sometimes it might take me a little while, but I will get back to you.

Cheerz!

P

pedros

how to get install info?

Heya phreddy,

I am dead keen to get info on the aux i/p mod you have done and also any mods concerning nokia phone i/p without buying of the shelf kits. have a bit of experience with this sort of thing and would love to get the cct diagrams/install info if possible. Keep up the great work, I am always keen to read about your fiddling adventures!

jbj123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
hey mate would this be possable at all in a vt calias? cheers

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
G'day all!

Damn, of all the inventions I come up with, I still haven't figured how to get a few more hours in the day! :rofl:

To those of you who are interested in schematics, well..... Yes I have detailed schematics, that I worked on for a good while to iron out the little bugs I ran into - as a result, I don't just GIVE them away. What I can do is provide a set of PCBs for those who are keen on assembling them. With the PCB set you'll get a good description of the layout and a parts list, all of which can be got from Jaycar or whatever. I don't make a load of dough, and considering that the boards are etched and drilled by hand I'm actually ripping MYSELF off!

OK, to answer a couple more questions....

Pedros - see above! ;) I haven't done a lot with aftermarket bluetooth kits, but I reckon it would be pretty easy. It's just a matter of finding the signals we need for the mute and audio inputs, and feed them into the existing connector behind the stereo. Holden charge about $400 for the bluetooth kit, which is an unadulterated RIP OFF! But not altogether unexpected. If you wanna talk some more, that's cool.

jbj123 - I haven't installed this mod into the Eurovox unit, but I can't see any reaon it wouldn't work - the only thing is I need a unit to use as a "guinea-pig" so I can find the appropriate points to pick up the signals. I haven't had a volunteer yet, but will offer a discount to anyone prepared to take the plunge. (I used the Blaupunkt in my car as the test unit initially, and I haven't blown IT up, so......)

Anyhow, I have to track my kids down before they set fire to the place. See ya's later!!

Cheerz. :thumbsup:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Phreddy, what did you need to know about the bluetooth input? I used to install the Holden and aftermarket units (Nokia, Ericsson and Motorola)

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Hey Guys.

Well, thanks to some tosser who's been after my missus for the past year or so, I'm afraid I'm not gonna be able to do installs at my place anymore. (the prick has found me here on the forum, reckons he's gonna have one of his mates "book in" a job - then he'll know my address......) Made all kinds of threats against her - wouldn't show up by himself of course, you know the type....

Of course, the piece of **** won't say that to me directly, reckons he wants to be best mates! (calls me a "maggot" behind my back though)

So, I can sort out and send kits - not in the immediate term - but can work something out. Unfortunately though I won't be able to do full installs any more unless I come to you. I can still do "partial installs" if your H/U and cradle are sent to my PO box, I do the mod, then send it back.
(those among you who DO have something firm set up, I will see that though for you.)

I'll leave it there, 'coz I'm pretty pist off at the moment. BBL.

Bundy_Wal

Livin' the Bundy life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6 S pack Ute
That really stinks mate! Can't do much from here except offer moreal support and a reminder that you've got heaps of mates here that would be more than willing to help out if the need or chance arose. Good luck with it all and keep on fiddling!

brentss

Reaction score
Hi Phreddy, love your work. Lots of good info on the ls1gto forum. Can't wait till your back in action, i'd like an Aux input for my VZ. Let us know when your back.