Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

and you wonder why we hate cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
got yellow stickered yesterday - reason verrrry petty

Got pulled over no reason licence check or whatever......

breathalysed - zero reading - wasnt drinking
no fine asnt speeding...

was told to drive to nearest police station so they could go over my car.
this is where the fun started.

measured height no probs
exhaust noise no problem
windscreen wipers and washers - no probs
tyre tread - no probs
checked battery locked down - all good
basicly every test known to man

they stickered my car for left hand indicator lense missing - just the poofter clear bit of plastic on the ouside - still has the enclosed bit with the globe inside it and it still indicates orange colour

is this a bit wrong or what - BTW i was nice as to the cop until he put the sticker on it - then started the tirade against him....

all i can say is what a wanker - im gunna take my car over the pits as is - if t passes that cops gunna get a bill from me for time off work and cost of pits..

for those that know more about cars than me... wheres the safety issue

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
sounds very petty what they've done. I think that sort of thing just shows lack of integrity and a whole heap of arogance. I'm not a hater but what they have done by your account there just sounds like a waste of their time and a waste of your time and money now. Its still flashing orange cause of the amber bulb and they know that it will inconvenience and cost you to have your car over the pits just for that so why do it????

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Yeah man thats wrong, there really out to get you, the smallest thing they can get you for they will, i got done for a tire that was borderline still had alot of tread and got a Defect and over the pits i went, mind you the cop was bald and i made a funny remark :p

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
that's really messed up. i dunno about perth, but in vic i would absolutely contest the crap out of that. i don't know the exact laws, but i'm guessing to get canaried your car would have to be 'dangerous', too loud, or putting out too much emissions. what you've described is definitely not dangerous, and doesn't require a re-roadyworthy. even if you didn't have an indicator, don't think you could get canaried... perth must be different though.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
to get a Defect it only has to be 1 thing it use to be 3, but a roadworthy aswell has to be a major thing like tires, for a indicated that is really wrong.

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
and cop wonder why they get abused danm wanks one wank cop spoils every cops rep

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
thread closed, because theres enough of these bs threads each week.

stop sooking, go buy a new indicator and get it fixed.

if the lens is missing, its classed as a danger, as there is a chance any protruding edges could do more damage to someone should you hit them.

unsure why you bothered to have a go at him after he put the sticker on. keep beig nice, cop it on the chin, and chances are, karma will come back to bite him in the ass. but i guess some people just need to arc up when their unroadworthy car gets defected.

Status
Not open for further replies.