Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Andrew's Calais

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
Odo: 230
Colour: Silver Ice Met, over champagne
Engine: 5 litre, otr intake, small cam.
Transmission: 4sp manulaised auto, stall and shift kit.
Exhaust: Pacemaker Headers into 2.5" pipe
Diff: 3.9's with a detroit locker
Electrics: Power Windows, Cruise Control, Climate Control, Power mirrors, electric sunroof :D
Interior: calais leather
Wheels: cv8z

Stereo:
- Pioneer flip out screen
- clarion 6X9's- parcel shelf
- splits in the dash
- 2X rockford p2's kicker amp
-Suspension:
kmac springs, pedders shocks,

What ive done so far:
Removed - Chev badges - Altezza's, replaced with series 2 factory lights

-installed foggies
-Replaced power steering pump
-oil change
-Brand new alloy radiator and thermostat
-Harmonic balancer replaced with a new one,
-New windscreen
-alloy radiator
-new indicator stalk
-new wiper stalk

no longer has chev badges, altezas

calais 6.jpg

calais 5.jpg

vs calais 2.jpg

vs calais 3.jpg

vs calais.jpg

Last edited:

Jacko84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina soon to be 5L
very nice mate love the sunroof, stockies? those wheels look ok in the picture.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah they do, old photos though, yeah i bought the car on stockies, he didn't have wheels on it at the time they were on his newer car, the ssv's in the pics where sold a long time ago, i am saving for new rims though. Sunroof is amazing, i cant wait for summer, its to cold to have it open fully at the moment

jesse_lankey

what to put here?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S3 Ute
the series 2 calais look soo nice theres a few good ones on here, chev badges on an aussie 308??, also what are the 3.9 diff gears like? does it get annoying when you have no traction everywhere?

GMHCalais

[TUKN20Z]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII 5.7 Calais, VS SS SII HSV Enhanced
Man i am so jealous, I looked around everywhere back in the day for a 5L calais in that colour. Had to settle for a V6 version of yours. That looks tuff on the ve rims.

Good luck & take care of it!

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers guys, I am taking care of it, just fixing a few small things up to get it running good, a few small leaks in the exhaust and a leaky radiator, aluminuim radiator coming very soon and im still deceiding on the exhaust, overall the car is in fairly good condition, interior is pretty good, no cracks in the leather at all! and im loving all the calais options, as for the power, well i know its nothing special, but it can still put a smile on my face when im having a shitty day lol. The 3.9's arent tooo bad. I havent really driven on the 100 kays for a long enough time at the moment. Still deceiding what rims i should buy. I wanted to buy another set of ssv's but becuase they are 19's and tires are redicously expensive i dont think i will. Need to buy new rear tires nearly every month thanks to the locker and camber. As for the traction, its not to bad in the dry, ive (mostly) driven it like a grandma for the time been, it gets the attention of the police fairly quickly. It is not so good in the wet, especially with the detroit locker :D just have to take it slowish around sharp slow corners, otherwise its really not that bad. The only bad thing is how low it sits, i will get a pic of it just to show how low it actually is.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
Man i am so jealous, I looked around everywhere back in the day for a 5L calais in that colour. Had to settle for a V6 version of yours. That looks tuff on the ve rims.

Good luck & take care of it!

Do you know what the lower colour is called? Is it shadow grey?

KrisG

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VSII Berlina
Looks good mate, glad you got rid of the Chev badges and altezas :p Just my opinion, but I reckon the stock series II Calais rims look nice when polished and lowered. And as for the two-tone paint, I'm pretty sure it's Shadow Grey - Paint code: 4H046