Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Android Auto

josephdgould

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Commodore
Hi all, I'm new here and new to owning my 2011 VE Series II.

Just wondering if it's possible to get Android Auto working, whether there are add-ons or mods OR a kit to replace the entire headunit & integrate the dash controls etc displayed on the factory screen. I've seen upgrade kits for the Series I, but nothing so far for the Series II.

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Hi all, I'm new here and new to owning my 2011 VE Series II.

Just wondering if it's possible to get Android Auto working, whether there are add-ons or mods OR a kit to replace the entire headunit & integrate the dash controls etc displayed on the factory screen. I've seen upgrade kits for the Series I, but nothing so far for the Series II.

Check out this thread
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/aftermarket-ve-headunit.274299/

See post 12 for some other options. Looks awesome if you ask me.

fab4272

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Equipe Sportwagon
No options for Series 2, just series 1. Poster was asking about Series 2.

Nice looking though.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It's easy enough to retro fit a series one set up and then fit the tech you want.
Easy as.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series one vents, upper stereo surround trim & lower trim from memory.
cage that holds the stereo is the same.

lazyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6.0 M6
Early versions only had single zone air.
With dual should be fine for s2.
I didn't like the first few with a virtual hazzard button.
And how do you relearn ac actuator with aftermarket head unit, anyone confirm it works?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Alpine have a good dual zone set up.

Also, Dig Options now do an absolute weapon unit now. It’s an 11x8” with physical hazard button in the surround. Does dual zone. Fills the whole space top to bottom.

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Alpine have a good dual zone set up.

Also, Dig Options now do an absolute weapon unit now. It’s an 11x8” with physical hazard button in the surround. Does dual zone. Fills the whole space top to bottom.

I wouldn't recommend the Alpine one.. the climate controls were absolute rubbish!
Had it on my old International and had the unit replaced 3 times under warranty.
The LCD screen is recessed into the fascia making the buttons around the edges hard to press, especially when you have big fingers like me and while driving trying to change fan speed or air con was dangerous! The fan speed button from memory couldn't be held in you had to press it each time you want it to change and you had to wait a second or so between each press for it to register.
Such a pity because the actual Alpine head unit was fantastic. Had so many equaliser settings and some sort of graph you could use to adjust the sound. Spent ages messing around to get a good sound but was worth it.

Looks nice, still would like to know about ac actuator relearn.
One of the problems i had with the climate control unit was it got stuck on de-mist and fan was stuck on full. Took it to holden and they guy at the counter came out to try something but took a look at the unit and said "oh." He tried holding in a button or two for 10 seconds and mentioned with the stock unit holding the button would reset something. Not sure if that is what you are talking about but it didn't work and left my car at the dealer. The next day they mentioned it was the actuator and quoted me 600 bucks or something ridiculous to fix it. When i picked it up though the invoice was only 200 so i paid and left quickly :)