Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Android Car Audio and Navigation Powering Issue

rogbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Holden Rodeo
I've mount a tablet into my 2007 Holden Rodeo. It fits very well into the stock deck. The audio is transmitted via normal Aux-in. My basic problem was the powering. At the moment I thought just one option:The power of the tablet is connected to the permanent car power. Then the tablet will be available all the time. I guess the power consumption is low enough that the car battery drainage will not be a problem. Any insights on this? I am searching for the best possible solution.

Another issue i had is that there wasn't a way to have the tablet power on when you turn the car on like a stereo?Well, i guess there is Tasker, but it's a paid app and relatively complicated. Some days ago i stumbled upon an app that definitely seems to simplify this basic purpose. It is called Autosleeper. Is there anyone who has used it? I am quite happy with it's performance, but i'd like some feedback for this app or alternatives i can use... free is always preferred!

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
I wouldn't post this under ASR Audio and Electronics, they are a sponsor with their own products... but none the less, i would get one of these if you want it always charging:
BlackVue - Full HD 1080p Dash Cameras with GPS

Basically a ciggy power battery drain prevention system with a few settings on when to cut power to the device.

Otherwise, you could hook up a USB charger to your accessories/ciggy port, and install an app onyour android that disables the lock screen, and auto unlocks your screen when it is charging, and then locks when it is not charging.

This might do it:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hk.suiaing.android.lock.screenlock

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Switch power source to accessories. App you want is AutomateIt then set to automatically unlock on charge connection and lock on charge connection. If battery dies though... you will need to power up manually.