Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Angry Girlfriend = Broken diff or handbrake?

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
well the first q is is she HOT like smokin HOT, if she is then she might have a redeeming point else if man the girls gotta go

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
May have broken something in the h/brake assembly

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
this thread is gold. As for the handbrake, id say its something rubbing on the disc still, may have moved when you jacked the car up? who knows, take it to a quality mechanic.

Worst my gf has done was driving my car and the handbrake collapsed and the wheels couldn't turn because the bits of metal got all caught up in the axle. The car got all jerky and acted funny, maybe s tiny piece has come off aswell?

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Pictures of the girfriend please

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
I had three things to show when mine got pissed off

1) a hole in one of my speakers
2) a scratch on the bottom of my front bumper
3) a red handprint on my face

I was gonna say your handbrake might just need adjusting, but thats more of a rubbing sound than a click.. hmm, hope its nothin major dude

riats

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series II Exec
Haha, you see the thing is, she is pregnant with our second baby.. so ****, i guess im screwed in that department.. lol, nuh we were doing about 20kmph max.

Her excuse was, i've seen you do it all the time in the other cars, lmao their the other ****in cars but.

and yeah, i dunno, it could possibly be the front, but the lag between when i steer and when it comes on seems to be when the rear is under load.. but it sounds exactly like a cv join sound, just at a very high ratio... like 1 wheel spin might be like 5 clicks/clunks maybe.

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
have to ask, did u leave her where u were, kick her out? i would have, make sure she never gets in it again at least

riats

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series II Exec
If it is the front, it's possibly me, from my driving style, i like to hit right hand turns nice and hard.. but i hope its not, lol i hope she did it. the only problem is our incomes are one in the same..

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
my missus drove home with the handbrake one once....( twice at least i think) however we have to kids. atleast the VS beeps if oyu leave the handbrake on:p

hope you get your problem sorted (car problem that is) and goodluck with the pregnancy:thumbsup: