Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

annoying/sydication-page

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
i think this is the same problem that eveyone above is gettin. and im running IE7 Ver 3
Ahhh yes, mine has been doing that every now and then...........I think it is behind what is makin the site run slow for me aswell. Ill get on to it and get back to you all.
AirStrike :air:

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
The syndication you are speaking of is a Google javascript file.

I do get it at random intervals but certainly nothing to cause any grievance and would be thinking it's Google since it's connecting to them.

The AdSense code is up to date as I just checked and nothing has changed other than the forum upgrade so I am not too sure what to make of it.

AAPT were having some issue's earlier today namely VIC, WA and QLD but I am not aware of any ongoing issue's.

The worst part is I access the site from home via a 100meg into the data centre where JC sits and from work well I sit on the network itself so it makes it difficult for me to say it's slow when I haven't noticed anything different.

With the current number of people online there is near enough to 800meg in cached memory and load wise it's sitting around 75% idle.

For those having problems if you could document for me time you are noticing issue's and anything else you feel relevant and I'll get cracking on it.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
In response to slow speeds etc I have made a couple of changes a few minutes ago which should improve things.

I will keep an eye on it but if you do notice any improvement, decrease or whatever the case is I will certainly welcome it.

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
Darren, i think the site has been slower today than it has been for the last couple of days.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Thank you very much for that Wagon Man, I just went back over the changes I did yesterday and found 1 very big problem with regard to GZIP which I disabled.

I will continue to research and try and work out why something has gone wrong, I know I had intentions of adding another server in the future, I'm hoping that's not the root cause of the problem.

I'll be making a couple of bigger changes Saturday morning with regards to how the search happens and where avatars are stored.

Out of curiosity of those who are having problems could you let me know who they are with ie internet provider so we can narrow down where the problem is lying.

As I've said before it's hard to fix a problem I don't see myself :bang:

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
the speed seems fine again for me, still got that syndicanion thing im with iprimus

same for me bigpond

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
the speed seems fine again for me, still got that syndicanion thing im with iprimus

same for me optusnet.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
hmmm this is both puzzling and annoying I haven't made any changes :ranting:

I'll still be doing some work tomorrow morning as planned to see if we can't squeeze that little bit extra out :w00t: