Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Annoying **** with VF

Landy

Reaction score
Don't think anything can be done with this but.................
Automatic headlights on in poor light, great idea, but when the headlights come on, then off, then on, then off in the morning as the sun is coming up or late afternoon as sun is low. Answer is to turn auto lights off. Done. But then the Mylink screen and dash lights still go bright, go dim, go bright, go dim, even though the headlights are off. Is there a setting to turn this off?

Cheers

vk2him

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
No and it pisses me off no end too </rant>
On the Falcon I traded in to buy this, it had much better electronics including selectable sensitivity to autolights, and two things I really miss with the windscreen washers - the VF wipers start even before any water comes out - on the Ford the water came out for a second before the wipers started - and at the end after the auto wipers had turned off for a few seconds, the ford would do one final wipe to clean off that stream of water you always get and have to clean off manually ... first world problems ;)

Landy

Reaction score
Yes, agree, the wipers are annoying too, although it's only when you wash the screen. The Mylink screen pisses me off with the bright/dim caper as I wear prescription sunglasses and when you look at the Mylink when it's in dim mode, it's a little hard to see.

cght

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf sv6 ute
Has anyone found an easier way to remove/refit the hard tonneau other than having two people fight with it. It's more the refitting that's making me want to attack it with a large hammer.
I'm thinking of some sort of pulley system with a couple of straps from the garage rafters for when I'm on my own and have to get it off and back on.
The hinges are a pig to get the pins back into as well - has anyone changed the hinges to something better?

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
The sunroof closing automatically when the car is switched off. Hit the sunroof button to keep it open and it still closes after 5 minutes.
The radio turns itself off after 5 minutes after stopping the car.
The aircon defaults to fresh air every time you start the car WTF?
The heating is a disaster.
Mylink is a joke.

Landy

Reaction score
Hey cght
How about starting a new thread with your question. Don't just go off topic in someone else's thread..........Some people!!!!!!

Landy

Reaction score
Flukey
Didn't know about the radio, air cond and agree, the heating is something. Turn the cab temperature up and it still blows cool until the magic setting, then heat. Twice this week outside temps 10degrees, turn up to 25 degrees on the knob before any heat comes out.
Cheers

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
@flukey

My aircon doesnt default to fresh air. I leave it on recirculate almost all the the time.

Thanks for that.
Maybe it is just mine then or because I have it on the feet setting all the time.
Every time I start the car I have to hit recirculate. I will ask about it when it goes in for service next.

cght

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf sv6 ute
So much for trying to get any information or feedback from this forum.
I wasn't aware that Landy was the moderator.