Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Annoying **** with VF

Smithd132

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm - Prussian Steel
Took delivery of my 2015 vf sv6 storm this time last week and i have had no issues with heating or lighting as mentioned above.

When i start the car when i'm in it, the Aircon is usually on 22 with fresh air intake and it heats up the car within 2 - 5 minutes, Yes i can feel warm air coming out, and at no point have i had to put it above 24 degrees to get warm air. Also i have no issues with the air con or mylink settings saving each time you turn off the car and turn it back on.

The headlights change pretty quickly to the daytime running leds when its bright enough and the mylink screen doesnt have any drastic changes when this happens.
Ive manually adjusted the lighting in the car as i had to dim it down a bit because it the readout was actually too bright for me during the day and at nighttime.

If i had anything to pick about the car, mylink seems a bit sluggish sometimes. Ive got an older ipod connected via USB cable and it takes about 3-5 seconds to change songs when i hit the change track slider on the steering wheel. But i'm thinking thats just my old ipod - (at least 6 years old).

On the other hand i feel like Mylink could do with an overhaul as it seems pretty clunky and a bit slow to respond though the menus, also the options offer very little choices once you get there. But it does the job.

Oh and the turning circle i noticed isnt quite as good as my VE had, but its a very slight difference. The VF is a huge step up in my opinion. Fantastic Car the Sv6 storm.

wayneus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
How about no "pause" option for USB mp3 playback...or am I missing something? My VE SSV had it...but now mute is the only option...not a major concern...but a little annoying...I also have the A/C Heating issue...where you have to push the temp right up past 22 to get some heat out of it...and then if it is a hot day, 22 is too hot...go figure...hopefully some kind of mylink software upgrade will fix it...

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
How about no "pause" option for USB mp3 playback...or am I missing something? My VE SSV had it...but now mute is the only option...not a major concern...but a little annoying..

Yeah it's annoying, but the price you pay for having the factory-fitted satnav (the NAV button sits where the pause button goes on models without the satnav). You can just imagine the GM engineers pondering amongst themselves, "Now which function can they most do without........?" :idea:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
This MyLink thing seems something of a lame-arsed kludge in & of itself.
Should've been some generic Android thing, using some generic SatNav system & some generic entertainment-control app. At least our SatNav maps wouldn't be stuck in 2015 forever.

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
The turning circle is a fair bit chit in the VF

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
A bit of wheelspin tightens up the turning circle a bit!

Chalks1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 CALAIS ZB V Tourer
First post here. Recently traded my G6E Turbo for the SS Sportwagon.

1. Internal light doesnt come on when I open the door, & Im stuffed if I can find an option to allow it.
2. No light around the ignition (lucky Im good at finding holes in the dark)
3. Ipod isnt compatible with the Mylink system - just keeps indexing every time I turn the unit on.
4. Experiencing the heating issues listed above.
5. The vents allow smoke/fumes etc into the cab whether you use re-circ or not.