Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Annoying **** with VF

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
On the VE series 2 I used to be able to dim all the lighting apart from the instrument cluster, was very useful on long night drives, cannot figure out how to do it in the VF, my dealer has no clue.

EDIT - Worked out if you use voice control & say "display off" it turns LCD screen black. Useful as I'm starting a drive to Melbourne from Sydney tomorrow morning at 3am..

You can do this through the Mylink menu too.

^^ Haha, what Tim said.

sakatumi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sportswagon
Anyone know how to stop the car from tooting its horn when you exit the car with engine running and the key in your pocket?

This annoys me immensely, sometimes have to help someone get into the car, or open the boot and it will annoying toot the horn as a warning I have left the car running. Is there a way to disable this?
Car is a 2014 SSV Redline. I have looked in the vehicle settings but couldn't see a 'vehicle running' reminder.
Thanks for any help.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I am sure you can disable the tooting in Mylink.
Just flick through the menu settings and it is in there somewhere.

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
I find the fact that the series 2 is coming out with massive changes which will drop the price of series 1 annoying. I always was a firm beliver that when a model comes out VE VF that the core mechanics remain unchanged but the series 2 would be somwhat refined. Just my opinion

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
I find the fact that the series 2 is coming out with massive changes which will drop the price of series 1 annoying. I always was a firm beliver that when a model comes out VE VF that the core mechanics remain unchanged but the series 2 would be somwhat refined. Just my opinion

got to agree, glad I haven't got a early VF they will drop quite a bit due to 6.2.

It will be like the VT series 1 5Litre motor and the series II with LS1, no one wants the early VT's and prices reflect that.

Just hope they don't make it pig ugly in front like the new cruze

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Anyone know how to stop the car from tooting its horn when you exit the car with engine running and the key in your pocket?

This annoys me immensely, sometimes have to help someone get into the car, or open the boot and it will annoying toot the horn as a warning I have left the car running. Is there a way to disable this?
Car is a 2014 SSV Redline. I have looked in the vehicle settings but couldn't see a 'vehicle running' reminder.
Thanks for any help.

You can disable this through mylink i believe it's in the security systems

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
Cool. Will take another look. Had a quick look this morning but couldn't see it.

Damned if I can find it...this issue is my pet peeve, really pisses me off! I went through mylink with a fine tooth comb and I can find no option to turn off this irritating feature

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Damned if I can find it...this issue is my pet peeve, really pisses me off! I went through mylink with a fine tooth comb and I can find no option to turn off this irritating feature

It is there I turned it off last week

Settings then either in vehicle security or driver convenience I think. It is a tick box for remote left in vehicle.

holomatrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sportwagon
I have that setting turned off... but that setting doesn't change the fact that if you get out of the car for a moment (say to open a gate) and the key is in your pocket (and not in the car) it beeps the horn LOUDLY three times to tell you the remote isn't in the car. Great way to wake up half a street at 2am!