Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another 66 impala project

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Got a question for anyone who wants top respond.

Thinking engines for the future and not sure what to go with. I have a good 5L sitting here which I am considering putting in, or my other choice is an LS1.
I will probably be looking at getting more power out of them in the end, maybe forced induction so just wondering what the best option would be.

Do I stick the 5l in, or sell it and get an LS1, or do something else?

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Chev small block of some description would be what I'd do.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Thanks for the input.
I don't really care about originality on this, after all it's not like it's collectible or anything. All options are still good, although I like the idea of a carby LS1.

And looking around at prices, they all all round the same for a stock engine, and considering I don't have that kind of cash sitting around yet I might just chuck in the 5L and Auto for now with all the EFI gear so I can get it moving. Then down the track upgrade to an LS1 of some description, should be an easy enough upgrade from a 5L I reckon.

Once i've finished the Caprice wagon, the engine/EFI gear is going to slowly find it's way into the Impala. May even be able to do it before the end of the year.