Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another ABS alarm question....desperate...

Fuckhead44

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs sv6 adventra
Just wondering if any Commodore gurus can offer any advice....I parked my car up...all good and went to start it in the morning....would wind over (but didn't sound the same)...and wouldn't kick....then ABS light came on..no other warnings.
I recharged the battery to 100 % and cleaned battery term. and connections...still the same, I re aliza I've got to get to a mechanic..but I'm stuck at an isolated property...just wondering is there any way at all to start the vehicle to get it to a shop.....Thanks....Sorry about the name....teen set up account...cheers

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I wouldn't of even posted using that User ID.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Username checks out

Don't let your son create an account for you.

Last edited:

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
ABS issues won't stop your car from starting (I presume that's what you mean by wouldn't kick), so you have other issues as well. To start the car you need to have fuel, ignition (spark) and air. Also the Theft Deterrent System needs to have its immobiliser turned off (via the remote key). I'm sure our V6 members will be able to give you more specific advice.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Like Pete said check codes and report back. There are a few things that will stop it from starting and it's best to have an idea of the issue at least before chucking too many parts at it.
If it is not starting and you have plenty of fuel then its gonna needs parts to get it running. If you can not repair it yourself it will be a tow unfortunately.