Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another Alloytec performance-related thread

Milky2106

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6 V6 Berlina Auto
Hi guys,

I'm looking at improving the performance of my 175 Alloytec.

I'm not looking for huge numbers and an empty back pocket once i'm finished.

Just a nice overall package, that includes improved acceleration off the mark, and more power through the rev range.

I've got a bit of money to spend and am just wondering how you think a combination such as the one below would improve the performance of the V6.

- Already got exhaust, (twin 2.5' exhaust to Y-piece, to single 2.5')
- Extractors, would cats definitely be needed?, or is 'opening up' of the stock ones sufficient?
- Bigger injectors, 440cc??
- CAI, Growler item, etc?
- VCM Tune, torque management removal/modification etc, at a place such as Castle Hill Exhaust?

From what i can see this package should improve the overall performance of the engine as a whole,

More efficient Fuel delivery (bigger injectors) +
More air intake (CAI) +
Re-tune to tie it all together +
Extractors to f*&% off all the bad **** once it's done

=== Significant power increases?

If i'm incorrect or wasting my time, please... I'm open to opinions or suggestions,

but NO 'Get a V8' suggestions please, I'm only 19, so Insurance costs and bans on V8's for P-Platers make them a waste time for me at the moment. (As much as i would LOVE one)

Cheers,

Milky2106

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
You're basically wasting your time and money.

Do the suspension mate. Heavier springs and shocks with some dirty big fat sway bars. Urethane bushes with good tyres. You'll transform the car, and if you keep it all you can transfer it to an SS later ;)

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ commodore Acclaim
If you want some better off the mark punch, get some 3.9 or 4.11 diff gears. In my opinion bigger injectors are a waste of time.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whats your budget?
If you want some noise and a LITTLE more go, hit up a pacemaker system.

If you're going to do it, do it properly don't skip buy using second rate products.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Id just do exhuast cai and tune, that will get it moving a bit better, but dont expect massive gains, im not sure if u can the cpr6 manifold for the 175kw engine but may b something else to look in if your really keen

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
I wouldn't waste money on a CAI frankly. Just leave it standard.
Do the exhaust and a tune, replace the pipe going from the airbox to the TB to open up the flow a little. You might get a little extra throttle response. CAI is slightly pointless IMO. (Guaranteed there's about 30000 people on here that are going to jump to the defense of their beloved flexy pipe)

06Calais

Keeps me Broke
Reaction score
Website
img717.imageshack.us
Members Ride
06 calais
Hi All. Im looking for some advice on Injectors for a Standard Alloytec 190. My current Stock injectors are making some noise. Pretty much a clicking type sound. when I bought car @ 72,000 km there was no noise. Then there was a little, it sounded like 1 injector. now its sounds like there are maybe 2 or 3 injectors making noise. I ran some Injector / carby / fuel system cleaner and it reduced the noise a little. I should mention also that I have a rough idle, even with brand new plugs and have lost some power in recent months. Not much but im sure I may have lost around 10 to 20 kw. I hoped putting new plugs in would have helped but it made little to no difference. But the fuel system cleaner seemed to work great. So now I want to replace Injectors. I looking for reliability more than I am looking for more fuel flow. i think the flow of stockies will be fine for now. Im just more concerned about reliability. ill worry about higher flow when I do heavier mods and tuning.

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ commodore Acclaim
List for more power should at least go like this.

Exhaust ( full ) > CAI > diff gears > ( maybe CPR6 manifold and some manifold insulators ) > 20% underdrive pully > Tune.

tune is the last thing you want to do. just always remember that part, the rest doesn't matter in what order. Just tune last.