Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another Cheap Mod For Vs

mr-spares

Reaction score
Members Ride
HRT UTE 355 supercharged
Its wankers like this that give ebay and every other trader a bad rap. The old story if it sounds to good it probably is. You get what you pay for in this world. Don't buy it is the best bet. The memcals in the commodores both V6 and V8 are too rich as they are, would do more harm than good sticking more fuel in them. Locky has it right no feedback no go!!!!

Tony.

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
well here is a picture of the so called mod
instrutions

Cheap Mod

images do take a while to load sorry
was going to scan them but scanner not hooked up atm
had to use digi cam

T

troy5.7

so did your mate feel any difference. what does that thing plug on to? I know it seems a bit dodgy but i wonder if it does work or not.

F

freckly

i think it's funny that he is trying to be professional about it.
"by the way if car is still under manufacturers warranty please take it off so that a real mechanic can't see the bullshit i've been feeding you.

MuNtEd

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
he has'nt put it in yet is going to over the weekend and then i will let you know the result...

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Looks like the mat sensor isn't used at all after the mod...just bypassed using a glorified resistor......what a scam.
Sensor must be there for a reason or gmh wouldn't put it in.
Should be good for a few less kms out of a tank of juice.

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
MAT sensor..
Hmm, without the MAT sensor the car will run rich right? Soomeone correct me, haven't had much to do with this before really.

So maybe all it does really is run super-rich and just pump lotsa petty into the intake no matter the pressure in the manifolds.
Which would increase consumption, marginal performance boost on a good, cold day, and probably wear the engine to bare metal upon cold startup.

Hmm, at least that warranty disclaimer was funny.

Thanks heaps for posting that Munted.
appreciate it.

MuNtEd

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
well i can tell you right now i would never in my life put some shitty mod like that in my vr,
if my mate goes ahead and puts this in i will slap him like a little bitch

no worries maniac, the last thing i wanna hear is someone putting the mod in and fuckin up there car.

i hope the pictures are ok for everyone to read and ****

menzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Omega
well to me it looks like it plugs into the wire loom near the fuel injectors and the actul device just looks like a resister of some kind but also said that it had something to do with the air intake sensor so my assumption would be that it floods the injectors with fuel as it has a false reading on the amount of air entering the engine...... thus giving you a increase in power but at a huge cost in your petrol bills.......... my thoughts anyway.....