Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another Cold Air Intake Question

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
ive read all the back-dated posts on CAI's but i still have 1 question. I (now) know that a V8 item will fit a V6 (or should) but is there any difference between the two? Will the V8 have better flow then the V6? Or is it basiclly a case of 'same sh!t, differnent day'? Bother items in question are factory products.
Sorry to bring up CAI's again, but this question hasnt been answered in all of the other posts on this topic.
Thanks

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
VSUTE- The V8 item would 'probably' flow a little better because it's got a much bigger opening. If it fits and is still reasonably priced then go for it.

A little off topic here but still on the subject of CAI- have you read CoastVL's DIY cold air? If it was actually tested the 90mm PVC straight into the bum of the airbox would probably work the best. I did the same thing on a VN after reading an autospeed article, it seemed to work and most of all only cost about $10 max. Didn't end up costing me anything cause I found a PVC elbow and the pipe under the house. Your then left with the money to buy a K&N or similar high flow panel.

Jake.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
QUOTE (OSL-060 @ Jan 11 2004, 09:00 AM) VSUTE- The V8 item would 'probably' flow a little better because it's got a much bigger opening. If it fits and is still reasonably priced then go for it.

A little off topic here but still on the subject of CAI- have you read CoastVL's DIY cold air? If it was actually tested the 90mm PVC straight into the bum of the airbox would probably work the best. I did the same thing on a VN after reading an autospeed article, it seemed to work and most of all only cost about $10 max. Didn't end up costing me anything cause I found a PVC elbow and the pipe under the house. Your then left with the money to buy a K&N or similar high flow panel.

Jake.
where can we find this guide ?

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Gobbles- the pictures of CoastVL's DIY Cold air can be found <<here>>

Sorry buddy I was a little confused and thought he explained it here but the thread I was thinking of was somewhere on CalaisTurbo.

The pictures are pretty self explainatory so you should be right, if you have any questions maybe start a thread called "DIY Cold Air" or similar.

Enjoy

Jake

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
The intakes for the v8 and the v6 are different because of the clutch fan on the v8 that is so big the shroud has to be enlarged at the top to clear.
The supercharged 6 intake won't fit the v8.
Its a little smaller too ......see pict

G

Grantis1976

I'm with Jake on this one mate, check out the link for the home made job on coastvl, worked a treat on my vl. No reason why it wont fit ANY car at all. If needed, just put different bends in different places so it goes nicely.
As a tip, this goes REALY well with a K&N filter !!!
Good Luck !!!

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
since i work at bunnings ill get some cheap pvc and whip it up myself hehe pretty self explanatory

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Does any one have a detailed explanation on hoe to put in cold air im gonna buy 1 and see hoe it goes, would it be better/eaiser to get the mechanic to put it in?