Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another crank angle sensor

madsav

Reaction score
Members Ride
your ass
Vn Series 2 , crank sensor is buggered, will 1 off a VT fit and work?

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
it should, but if your going to all the trouble of pulling off the thermo fan and harmonic balancer wouldn't you want to put on a new CAS? no telling how long a used one will last.
(im assuming your asking because your planning on using a second hand one, for the sake of 30-50 bucks)

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
vn s2/vp/vr buick and ecotec cas's are interchangeable (only one that is different is the s1 vn which is held on an alloy bracket and is adjustable)

defecat0r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Series 2, v6 5-speed, LPG
vn s2/vp/vr buick and ecotec cas's are interchangeable (only one that is different is the s1 vn which is held on an alloy bracket and is adjustable)
i think the above is true for s2 vn in MOST cases. I ordered the vn s2/vp/vr sensor off ebay, (the bigger black plastic one) but when i pulled the old one off my car it turned out i had the smaller white plastic, alloy bracket s1 variant. My car is definately a series 2.
Check the table on this ebay page, actually take the effort to look at your engine number (look at a rego statement is easiest) if you wanna be sure
Genuine Delphi Holden Crank Angle Sensor Commodore VN VG VP VR VS VT VU VX VY | eBay